PDA

View Full Version : Telnet login incorrect HELP

jaykay4407
29th April, 2010, 09:48 PM
I am trying to change the username and password on my dreambox, I am using DCC using username 'root' and password 'dreambox' but it tells me that 'Telnet Login Incorrect'

Has anyone any ideas, its the first time I have tried this so it hasn't been tried before.

Bulld0g
29th April, 2010, 09:54 PM
Try using telnet in windows or putty to telnet. type in username and pass then type in passwd to enter new password

jaykay4407
29th April, 2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks but tried puttytel also and still get the same message 'Login Incorrect'

Any more ideas?
Thanks in advance

Curious123
29th April, 2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks but tried puttytel also and still get the same message 'Login Incorrect'

Any more ideas?
Thanks in advance

Looks like someone's already changed your root password.
You can reset your dreambox password using dreambox remote:

1.install tuxbox commander using addons button
2. Start tuxboxcomander
3.go to in /var/etc/ and open the file passwd
4.press 4 on remote to go into edit mode.
The first line is root:*****:0:0:root:/home/root:/bin/sh
where the ****** delete it (by using remote arrows to move cursor right and then pressing volume minus)
delete *** until upto :0:0:root

and press ok and exit -> save

the first line should look like this after the edit
root::0:0:root:/home/root:/bin/sh

then login with user root and password leave empty

you could telnet and change the empty password with your own so known can easily hack into your dm box.

jaykay4407
29th April, 2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks ever so much for this but, when I get to add ons, I'm guessing that I select 'manual install' and then go to 'var' I can see a folder called 'tuxbox' with 3 more folders inside it called 'config' 'plugins' and 'scce'
I don't know what to do next.?
Thanks in advance

immy002
9th June, 2012, 02:58 PM
hi im new to this dm fourm can some one help me with login to dm500 i dont hav a passwd for it

immy002
9th June, 2012, 02:59 PM
ps i cant delete the passwrd mentioned above

alotmentman
14th June, 2012, 10:48 PM
I am trying to change the username and password on my dreambox, I am using DCC using username 'root' and password 'dreambox' but it tells me that 'Telnet Login Incorrect'

Has anyone any ideas, its the first time I have tried this so it hasn't been tried before.
try factory reset mate ....or flash box should take back to orignal settings :giveup:

alotmentman
20th June, 2012, 10:11 PM
I tried setting up Dream Box 500 with DreanUp 500 and got so messed up , everything is black now , I can't even get it to do anything , I'm new at this , so don't know what a person has to know to even help me , or am I at the end of the line . lol any Ideas would sure be appreciated , I just joined today , sounds like it , huh ??
relash it mate :stupido2:start again

singhidiogee
23rd June, 2012, 02:44 AM
also I set up drmbx to TV and all I can get is " no signal " the remote wont even work the box , unable to get red or green light with remote , reboot many times but only thing it says is " no signal "

singhidiogee
23rd June, 2012, 03:26 AM
going back over my steps , I clicked on "erase entire flash without Bmon" thinking I had to , to flash new IP, can that be rectified ??