I found/stole/borrowed this info from elsewhere:
Its eems to relate to a bunch of receivers and stems from a GNU compilation error.
How to recover from 8882 mode
1. Connect RS232 Null Modem cable between PC & Receiver
2. Select Serial port COM 1 Etc Baud Rate Fixed As 115200.
3. Browse the BIN file to download and select File Type
4. Click "DOWNLOAD" first and turn the receiver power OFF/ON
5. After download completed ,wait another 30 seconds more until rebooting finished.
Once you fix your STB make sure you insert the USB stick and make sure you go to USB in your STB make sure that you have the 2 folders made on your USB before you load the BIN . Note not doing this can KILL the STB with the 8882 error.
the file you need is called:
this file is 'not' attached to this post or forum (i am away on my hols at the moment and cannot download to this PC) but if you google it you should find a way of downloading it.. If i can get hold of it later I will add it to this thread for you or maybe somebody else will before me..
Good luck, let us know how you get on..