Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't load BootMii - screen goes black when app is clicked

I can't access BootMii from the HBC - I load HBC, click ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Can't load BootMii - screen goes black when app is clicked

I can't access BootMii from the HBC - I load HBC, click on BootMii, but then the screen goes black when the app is clicked. I recently hacked my Wii, so I'm pretty new to how this process and functionality works. Please assist.

Additionally, I've been trying to update my Priiloader to v0.7 (I currently am using v0.3) - can't seem to update it through my Priiloader app. Am I doing something wrong? How do I perform a Priiloader update if I can't access BootMii?

Last, I've been trying to play Zelda Skyward Sword, but unfortunately, I can't seem to run it - I keep thinking that my drivers aren't up to date - I've even done a CIOS update several times to see if that was the problem. I'm even being prompted to update my Wii when before the game can load. I get the feeling that it might be trying to run Wii Motion Plus update, but does that even exist, or is it trying to push the update to erase my Wii Mods (HBC and all)?

Please help.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smithonian View Post
    I can't access BootMii from the HBC - I load HBC, click on BootMii, but then the screen goes black when the app is clicked. I recently hacked my Wii, so I'm pretty new to how this process and functionality works. Please assist.

Additionally, I've been trying to update my Priiloader to v0.7 (I currently am using v0.3) - can't seem to update it through my Priiloader app. Am I doing something wrong? How do I perform a Priiloader update if I can't access BootMii?

Last, I've been trying to play Zelda Skyward Sword, but unfortunately, I can't seem to run it - I keep thinking that my drivers aren't up to date - I've even done a CIOS update several times to see if that was the problem. I'm even being prompted to update my Wii when before the game can load. I get the feeling that it might be trying to run Wii Motion Plus update, but does that even exist, or is it trying to push the update to erase my Wii Mods (HBC and all)?

Please help.
    for bootmii to load you need a bootmii folder on your sd card which you can find in the wii download section but you can run Digital Kaos - Downloads - priiloader v0.7 from the homebrew channel so you dont need bootmii. there is a wii motion plus video you need to watch if you havn't allready done so.
    what system menu are you on?
    what updates have you done?
    Last edited by ck-ok; 30th December, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't access BootMii from the HBC - I load HBC, click on BootMii, but then the screen goes black when the app is clicked.
    You can't access BootMii because you didn't softmod all three parts correctly you didn't Prepare SD card which makes the [bootmii] folder on the SD card. I've just explained this in the last post in 4.3 mod
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    You can't access BootMii because you didn't softmod all three parts correctly you didn't Prepare SD card which makes the [bootmii] folder on the SD card. I've just explained this in the last post in 4.3 mod
    he's already softmodded his wii keith so he must have prepared his sd card, it could of got wiped off when he cleaned his sd card up or it may be renamed but like i said he dont need it anyway.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're right: I found that I didn't have the BootMii file on the root of my SD card - so, I just copied it to there. Now, I've gone back to HBC, clicked on BootMii, but rather than the screen going blank, it simply turns off my Wii. Please assist.

Additionally, my system menu - are you referring to my Wii System menu? I'm using 4.3U. And, no, I haven't performed any system updates other than entering Priiloader v0.3 and trying to update that. Unfortunately, I'm guess that that's not the way to update the v0.7, right?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're right: I found that I didn't have the BootMii file on the root of my SD card - so, I just copied it to there. Now, I've gone back to HBC, clicked on BootMii, but rather than the screen going blank, it simply turns off my Wii. Please assist.

Additionally, my system menu - are you referring to my Wii System menu? I'm using 4.3U. And, no, I haven't performed any system updates other than entering Priiloader v0.3 and trying to update that. Unfortunately, I'm guess that that's not the way to update the v0.7, right?
    you dont need bootmii just click on the blue writing in my first post of this thread and follow that tut.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you referring to updating my Wii to Priiloader v0.7? 'cause I've downloaded the *.rar of Priiloader v0.7, but how then do I perform the update without BootMii? After downloading the file and putting in on the SD card, how do I extract it in order to put in on my apps folder? --it's not a zip file. In fact, I don't even know where to retrieve the "hacks.ini file" in the priiloader folder like you mentioned in your other thread.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you referring to updating my Wii to Priiloader v0.7? 'cause I've downloaded the *.rar of Priiloader v0.7, but how then do I perform the update without BootMii? After downloading the file and putting in on the SD card, how do I extract it in order to put in on my apps folder? --it's not a zip file. In fact, I don't even know where to retrieve the "hacks.ini file" in the priiloader folder like you mentioned in your other thread.
    try a free download program called winrar google it.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Winrar worked...thanks. Now that I've got Priiloader updated, I'm to step two: where do I find the hacks.ini file so as to place it in the Priiloader file?

Ultimately, like I mentioned in the first post, I'm trying to get everything updated to run Zelda Skyward Sword. Would all this be the fix to get it to run? Because it wouldn't load directly as a disk, therefore, I copied it through my USB Loader. However, it still won't load through the USB Loader because...well, I'm assuming my drivers need to be updated. Is all this correct information, or am I just wasting my time making tech assumptions?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ck-ok View Post
    he's already softmodded his wii keith so he must have prepared his sd card,
    Not necessarily ck.

Sorry but thats normal for softmodders not to select option 3 Prepare SD card. To be honest I didn't do it when I softmodded because I thought it would wipe the SD files I had put on there I couldn't access BootMii so I went back and Prepared SD card then I could access it and do the NAND backup.

He said he didn't have [bootmii] folder on the SD card.

hacks.ini goes on the SD card root, hacks_hash.ini goes in the apps\priiloader folder.

You need Digital Kaos - Downloads - priiloader v0.7 not 0.3.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

...and I don't have hacks.ini on the root of my SD card, nor do I have hacks_hash.ini in my Priiloader file in my Apps file. Therefore, in Priiloader, I can't access any modifications in my "System Menu Hacks" selection--it simply states "can't find hacks.ini on FAT Devices" and "can't find hacks.ini on NAND".

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

...and I don't have hacks.ini on the root of my SD card, nor do I have hacks_hash.ini in my Priiloader file in my Apps file. Therefore, in Priiloader, I can't access any modifications in my "System Menu Hacks" selection--it simply states "can't find hacks.ini on FAT Devices" and "can't find hacks.ini on NAND".
    ok iv'e just downloaded this myself there is a folder called priiloader+hacks inside that theres a folder called priiloader and a file called hacks put the hacks file in the priiloader folder thats next to it then put the priiloader folder in your apps folder.the priiloader folder should not be inside the priiloader+hacks folder or you wont see it in the hb channel or priiloader wont find the hack files
    Last edited by ck-ok; 30th December, 2011 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alright, I saw that the hacks file was there, and I moved all 4 files (boot.dol, hacks.ini, icon.png, & META) into the one Priiloader file in Apps. I started up Priiloader v0.7 once again, accessed the "System Menu Hacks" selection, but this time, it states "can't find hacks_hash.ini on FAT Devices" and "can't find hacks_hash.ini on NAND". What now?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alright, I saw that the hacks file was there, and I moved all 4 files (boot.dol, hacks.ini, icon.png, & META) into the one Priiloader file in Apps. I started up Priiloader v0.7 once again, accessed the "System Menu Hacks" selection, but this time, it states "can't find hacks_hash.ini on FAT Devices" and "can't find hacks_hash.ini on NAND". What now?
    try renaming the file to hacks_hash.ini if it isnt already

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nope, that didn't work. I renamed the "hacks.ini" file to "hacks_hash.ini", and I opened Priiloader and accessed "System Menu Hacks". It stated that it wasn't found again. What am I doing wrong?

Kieth stated that "hacks.ini goes on the SD card root, hacks_hash.ini goes in the apps\priiloader folder." I'm going to try that. Anything else I should add/change?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast