Skybox F3 e001
I updated the firmware on my SKY F3 box due to glitching - now all I get is an E001 error.
I have used a NULL modem cable and it upgrades using firmware from the official skybox website and from the Yuji website and have also tried the scooby snacks firmware but I can get nothing to work. I can get it to flash with no mismatch error and even though it is reported as succesfull the following just keeps happening:
When the box is turned on it gets to 93% and then I get an E001 error.
Like a moron I didn't take a dump of the firmware that originally was loaded and worked.
If anybody has a fix - please post a link or PM me - I have spent hours trying to sort it.
What procedure are you using the null modem?
Sorry let me write that again:
What steps are you using when you are using the null modem cable?
silly question but when you say "I can get it to flash with no mismatch error and even though it is reported as succesfull"...are you burning the flash to the box ?????......1st screen with the flasher means the firmware is uploaded (not flashed) after the 1st screen you need to download to the box which takes 4-5 min's
Originally Posted by Tal1481
What flasher are you using ???
try this one ........erom_upgrade_8Mflash this one worked for me.....
use this firmware ....SB.abs (thx to dmaster2000 for the file & how to)
Hello everyone, I recently tried to upgrade the firmware on my f5 using the usb method but when it finished flashing the box would not boot up. It would load to 93 and come up with E001 error.
I've looked everywhere for a fix and tried so many firmwares and programs to bring my box back to life!
FINALLY after trying and trying different programs and firmware, my skybox f5 is fully working!
The following is a step by step solution. You require rs232 null modem cable, and the following downloads:
both file at the bottom of the listing
- extract the file erom_upgrade_8Mflash wherever you want and open the folder. Also extract the firmware file SB.abs
- Open the application EromUpgrade
- Select the port your null modem cable is connected to. (if you dont know which port, open devicemanager on windows and scroll down to ports and here you will see something like COM1 for example)
- Select bitrate: 115200 and Parity: Even
- Select Operate Mode: Upgrade
- Now in File, Click browse and select the extracted file SB.abs
- Connect the null modem cable to your skybox, and disconnect the power supply.
- Click on next and you should now see Please reset target.
- Connect the power supply and the firmware will start downloading. If it hangs for few minutes you can cancel the download and start again. Keep trying till it gets to 100%.
- After it is downloaded click next to burn the firmware.
Once this is complete you should have your skybox back to life!
what has the firmware got todo with glitching mate?
glitching more than likely is to do with server.
Originally Posted by kaisar1
Hi mate try reading the post Tal4181 posted
"now all I get is an E001 error" which i believe is a firmware issue
hi i get same problem like you but i make before a backup to my original firmware so i put it again and work fine again
Originally Posted by P&D
i hope it will work with you
If this is the f5 you wont be the first or last to experience this shudda gone f3 well steadier
i have this problem with f3
Originally Posted by brin251
Hi guys i been try loads a option for the last 3 days some firmware the box keep loading over and over again , some stuck on load at 93, some at e001 any ideas ?? thanks
Try booting the box with no cables attached
Originally Posted by LDesignsUK
apart from the power cable
You're so right......best programs and solution/instructions. Thx a lot!
Originally Posted by P&D
Anyone can recommend a null modem that will work with an F5?
I haven't actually used this one myself, but it should work OK:-
Originally Posted by strawmen
2m Null Modem Cable - Lead RS232, DB9 9 pin Serial Comm | eBay