Register

Vu+ Duo internal hard drive wont mount

I've put a 500gb hard drive in my Vu+ Duo (don't think ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vu+ Duo internal hard drive wont mount

I've put a 500gb hard drive in my Vu+ Duo (don't think its a clone). I can initialize the hard drive and record on it fine, but whenever the power is switched off to the box, it no longer see it and has to be initialized again, losing all the data. When I try to mount it, its not seen. I'm running Blackhole 1.7.4.0. Help please, I'm new to this and so need step by step help

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry mate neither link any good, this is an internal hard drive not usb. Any more suggestions, I've formatted it again on my pc fat32 and still doesn't show in mountpoints.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I usually instal the original image from Vu+ then initializes the hard drive with this image then put on my fav image

use the vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328.nfi for the duo

Archive of Vu+

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ibn001 View Post
    Sorry mate neither link any good, this is an internal hard drive not usb. Any more suggestions, I've formatted it again on my pc fat32 and still doesn't show in mountpoints.
    The links are to show you how to mount hdd ie you mount as media hdd if you have internal and not medi usb. The information on two links are enough for you to be able to mount internal hdd.

Top Poster +
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don't know if it helps you mate, but I had all kinds of issues with mounts (to both HDD and USB) being dropped.
    They were there one day then the next day the internal flash was the only thing my box would see.
    Frustrated the h*ll out of me as crossepgs would not update.

Tried all kind of things : whiped box, installed swapfile to take avail memory out of the equation - all kinds of stuff, to no avail.
    I was also on a recent'ish copy of BH.

In the end I ditched BH and went to VIX OE3.0. All the mount issues went away.

If I was you and you are getting nowhere, it would be worth taking a backup and then loading a diff image.
    You can always go back to your current image if you are not happy.
    You need to know whether its a clone or not, as that will limit what you can load on it.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by meggiedude View Post
    Don't know if it helps you mate, but I had all kinds of issues with mounts (to both HDD and USB) being dropped.
    They were there one day then the next day the internal flash was the only thing my box would see.
    Frustrated the h*ll out of me as crossepgs would not update.

Tried all kind of things : whiped box, installed swapfile to take avail memory out of the equation - all kinds of stuff, to no avail.
    I was also on a recent'ish copy of BH.

In the end I ditched BH and went to VIX OE3.0. All the mount issues went away.

If I was you and you are getting nowhere, it would be worth taking a backup and then loading a diff image.
    You can always go back to your current image if you are not happy.
    You need to know whether its a clone or not, as that will limit what you can load on it.
    having the exact problems, tried 3.5" drive and a 2.5" drive...epg location always reverts back to internal flash..has to be a problem with the vu+duo hardware??...mine is a genuine box...doesnt happen with latest vix image..but prefer the bh images...anyday