Register

Dreambox 800se clone crazy time (tuner failed)

Hi there, I am having a hard time configuring my dreambox to ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dreambox 800se clone crazy time (tuner failed)

Hi there, I am having a hard time configuring my dreambox to connect on Eutelsat 16 east. It sound simple but after spending nearly 2 days flashing with different firmware and differents configurations. I came to the conclusion that the my box might be fautly. But i am not sure what could go wrong. I bought my box from tony.zhou @ mixeshop. Of course clone box but was hoping it will work out of the box.

I have taken some screenshot from my official parabole reunion receiver and replicate the same setting on the dreambox 800se. You will see that the setting looks same on both receiver. Note that i have a 80cm fixed satelite dish pointed to Eutelsat 16 east.

If you have any solution or suggestion. Please share it. I am really desperate with this box.

The following are screenshot from my official decoder. Notice the signal and configuration:

Below screenshot from my dreambox:

Here more picture... http://imageshack.us/g/18/img3527ap.jpg/

OK guys that all. I have try to give as much details possible. I hope someone will be able to help me.
    Last edited by satsmo; 14th December, 2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: forget to add screenshot of my dreambox

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

i would suggest you get an updated sattellites.xml file from here....www.satellites-xml.eu

then replace your current one in var/etc. restart the box and update your tuner config. should sort you out.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is an 80cm dish big enough for 16 East?

Andy.

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

i think it should be. i had these probs with my 1.1m also andy. so replaced the sattelites.xml file and was ok. something i have noticed is that some images give better performance for the tuners....confusing but it seems so

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys,

@alom5-- I replaced the satelite xml to no avail. I am trying to connect on Parabole Maurice and C**** Satelite see http://www.lyngsat.com/16east.html

@Andy: Yes 80cm is fine. It work well on my official decoder as per attachment.

Any other ideas? it's like the tuner is not working.

regards,

Seb

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys you rock!

I have reload the xml file in tuxbox and it find all the channels...great

thx

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by seb1 View Post
    Hey guys you rock!

I have reload the xml file in tuxbox and it find all the channels...great

thx
    Not sure what bouquets you use buy this should have an uptodate sat xml file.
    Catseyes bouquets are very good for all the multi sats.
    Glad you got it sorted dont forget the thanks button for Alom5 it goes a long way on here

Andy.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tuner Failure Unexplained

Hi there, I thought of adding my experience just for the sake of information, since I cannot explain what happened.
    I was updating one day and suddenly my 800 HD se goes dead on me. Being a newbie I spent almost two complete days understanding downloading flashing etc... I have been through everything from No CA found to software error to tuner empty. Finally I reinstalled Merlin 3 the final version, and as soon as it opened I chose the wizard to guide me through the operation and suddenly the tuner was there with all its options and started searching for channels.
    To tell you the truth I do not have any explanation for this, because I have flashed with Merlin 3 before and he result was tuner empty..... But I did not go through the wizard!?

My only explanation is that there must be something in the software that causes the system to click sometimes and not click some other times...... Best of luck to everyone that has this dreadful problem.