ok muy bie saludos de venezuele
Thanks for all share....
Thanks for all share.
ok muy bie saludos de venezuele
Yo, anyone using Mio box to link up the dream box? It gave me a error message:- CIFS mount '192.168.1.66/record/hdd/movie' Failed! I did all the step, but still the same message.....
Anyone can help?
I'm interested in setting up the same but using Ubuntu. Anyone with a step by step guide. Thanks
1. Start Program / Run/ enter "cmd.exe" - this will start a command window (black background typically).
2. in command window enter
net share mymovies=d:\dreamboxshare /unlimited
mymovies is the name the dreambox will see and
d:\dreamboxshare is the shared directory. It HAS to have a directory "movie" below it, which is where the movies will be recorded.
Note forward and back slashes - it is important.
That is the PC prepared. Remember that this share is public and can be seen by any device on the network (including the Dreambox or other STB).
ON THE DREAMBOX:
1. On remote press: Menu/Setup/Expert Setup/Communication Setup then press blue button or navigate to "mounts" and press enter. This displays the "Mount Manager". (Gemini)
2. In the "IP" line enter the IP address of the PC you prepared as above.
2a. Select "Cifs" in box to right of IP.
3. Highlight "dir" line and press enter. Key in "mymovies" in the Dir field.
4. In "Local Dir" key in "/media/hdd" or "/hdd". This depends on your STB but should be "/media/hdd" on Dreambox.
5. In "Options" select "rw" - VERY IMPORTANT
6. In "User" and "Password" enter a username and password that have access to your PC.
7. Click on "AutoMount" if you want the share to be automatically mounted when you restart the Dreambox. (must be ticked for automount).
8. Press yellow button to save.
9. Press green button to mount.
Make sure you get no error messages. If it all worked, you should now be able to record on your PC without any special software.
The same method can be used to mount a Windows compatible NAS drive. By using Cifs you do not need a NFS NAS drive (which is typically much more expensive than the Windows versions).
**The Worlds Best Interactive F1 Strategy Game**
Anyone out there can tell me if i can use Dm500s to record to PC external drive, first post on this site. Is there any help for this running Windows 7.
Hi there....I am very new to the world of Dreambox.
I am setting it up to record to my pc. There are refernces to ip address and usually is 192.168.etc.
My pc is one of 4 and connected to a modem / router.
When I do the command "ipconfig" on my pc I get 10.1.1.3. Is this the ip address I should use on the Dreambox configuration.
Any help would be appreciated.
trying to set up my external hard drive that is connected to my Netgear WNDR3400 router with usb cable. I can access the hard drive on my pc but not on my Dreambox 500s. In my router settings page i have 4 different options to access it. ftp, ftp via internet, Http, and Http via internet. what one should i use? My router has \\readyshare\USB_Storage listed as available folders. Im running PLI jade3 and am in the web interface trying to mount no luck. any help please?
I got mine mounted and it started recording and then crashed the box. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
Just the info I was looking for!
Straight to the point and works great.
that works, great job
ok on mountpoint i get options of
or browse any ideas?
on my computer i go into sharing & security & it says about local sharing (make this folder private tick box)& network sharing options or customize & general any help plz ???????????????/
trying alufennels way & in the command box it says
the syntax of the command is incorrect ?????????????