Register

Dreambox power supply problem

Can anyone help me please, for some reason my box has blown ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dreambox power supply problem

Can anyone help me please, for some reason my box has blown 2 powerpacks in the past 3 weeks. is the box ready for the bin or is there something i can do to stop this happening? i always turn the box of at the wall when i'm not watching TV and its never on more than 3 hours a day.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe the constant power surges to the box have caused it to blow, switching it on and off all the time. But as you say, could also be the box but if you're not moving it or touching it in any way when the psu blows, I'd probably rule that out.

My box is on 24/7 and don't have any problem.

Sorry its not the answer you were hoping for but there's not much we can do without actually getting our hands on the receiver. You could resolder the ground connections on the main board as well as the power supply connection.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

i put my drmbox on standby [red light] when out at work; i hope this isn't bad practice ??

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

as devilfish says mine also is on 24/7 quick one for you what type of plug do you have on it?i mean it is a 3 pin and not the european 2 pin?also what size of fuse do you have in it ,mines has a 1 amp and my other one has a 3amp dont know if this helps also are you buying them from say maplins rather than a regonised dreambox dealer,i bought one just to use for flashing my friends boxs when they forget to give me their power leads and it was fine for that job but i left it on for about 9hrs and when i went back into the room the box was off and i thto funny i didnt do that in fact it was the power supply that had packed in

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mine is on 24/7 too. But i am behind a surge protector as well, you could try that option in case you getting too much power to the box,

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

cheers for the above, will check the ground on the box tonight

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

blow? open up the psu adapter, it blow the primary side or secondary side of the transformer, if primary side maybe u would wanna check the power quality from ur utility?

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=Devilfish;16249]Maybe the constant power surges to the box have caused it to blow, switching it on and off all the time. But as you say, could also be the box but if you're not moving it or touching it in any way when the psu blows, I'd probably rule that out.

my psu blew 2nite when moving the power pack and dreambox around. what did u mean devilfish

"by could also be the box but if you're not moving it or touching it in any way when the psu blows, I'd probably rule that out." ?