Register
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

NO CA FOUND/FILE TO BIG FIX

If you have bought an 800 recently and come against some problems ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NO CA FOUND/FILE TO BIG FIX

If you have bought an 800 recently and come against some problems with flashing then this might be the fix for you

I was told my box was 75 bootloader but ok for 72 aswell i tried to flash and got the ' NO CA FOUND '

Some times it would boot up with dreamup in 'serial http mode' but could never find a working IP and failed when trying to flash,

The rest of time it would boot up in dreamup with the 'NO CA FOUND SeCOND STAGE BOOTLOADER' this would allow me to use enforcer but came up against the 'FILE TOO BIG' problem

If you have problems like these try my method below it worked for me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (128.5 KB, 1757 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (237.8 KB, 1611 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (107.7 KB, 1403 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (167.8 KB, 1479 views)
    Last edited by halau; 14th December, 2009 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok with help from Superman at supersatshop this is what i done and it worked

connect dreambox to router
    use crossover cable connect router to laptop
    open dreamup
    connect null modem
    connect power to dreambox while holding silver power button till dreamup has fully loaded
    find IP of box (i used dcc) mine edded up being a very strang 192.168.1.6
    put this in dreamup
    open enforcer
    load image and flash

I have found the Gemini images are useless as i done all above and it failed to boot up again so best to use another i have nabilosat and all is fine here

Again thanks Superman for your hours of help
    Last edited by halau; 14th December, 2009 at 11:42 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

pretty simple fix , mine took best part of an hour using null cable and crossover together , good luck

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Still not working

I tried the solution here but still cant get contact

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok guys lets be certain youre using the right image, i.e if its a new dreambox itll be sim 2.01 and you need that gemini inage or what other image you need but it must be for the sim 2.01 i tried without success for a week too and then i realised what i was doing wrong gemini nabilosat and excalibur images now work fine and scan all channels including the hd ones

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I am lost

Folks, I am lost and about to give up.

After some problems I decided to install a new image. The result was the 'CA no card found' error.

The box doesn't 'stop' and doesn't show a IP.
    DreamUp seems to connect, but any SSL file results in a 'file too big' error.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK...I know this is a very trivial questions but can someone tell me what a null cable is and do I need it if I can connect wireless via my router to my DB? I'm having the same problem but can't figure out how to connect in order to upload a new image. My web interface is not working for some reason. I feel like a moron asking these questions because I am a techie by trade but teh DB has ma at a loss.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a dm800 that I am supposed to do development on. I did not know it was a clone. I didn't even know clones existed (it isn't mine, I just have to develop on it). I built a new dreambox image from source last night and flashed it. Now I have the CA not found error. So far I cannot get it to do anything. To make matters worse, I do not have a windows PC either, as I am a linux/python developer by trade.

Seriously beginning to wonder if it cannot be reprogrammed with a flash programmer or something...

Anyway. That is my story, and the first obligatory post before you can see anything. Seems I will be around for a while while building this thing.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alright, in case someone else passes this way and needs a solution.

The box that you run DreamUP on MUST have a working network connection. Even if you don't use it. This is, strictly speaking, a bug in DreamUP.

I unearthed an old Pentium I in my garage, installed Windows 98 on it, built a null-modem cable from an old modem cable, and immediately got the error: '' is not a valid integer. Finally got tired of transferring files by floppy/cdrom, so I installed an old PCI network card, got the network going, and lo, DreamUP started working. A few tries later, and the dreambox clone successfully claimed the IP configured by DreamUP. Connected to that IP with a web browser, uploaded boot loader version 69, and voila, it boots again.

Now it complains that the hardware could not be verified, on screen. But I do not care too much, for I can telnet to it now, I have a root login, and I know about the linux kernel :-) And I made a copy of the software it came with, which I can write back to /dev/mtdblock/3 if I have to.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Worked very well thanks, i found it start flashing 2nd phase nfi automatically after dm800 was rebooted

Its good to know there is always a work around to revive

i may try the 2.01 sim in my diablo wifi twinbee socket & see if i can read/write via cas3 programmer

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question gonna try

gonna try for sure let you guys know...

it works like a charme!!

lttl ps i dont have the dreamup pc connected to the router..
    so this is what i have done..

db on router
    0 modem cable
    rest like described...
    superb!!
    Last edited by edensan; 23rd March, 2010 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there anyway to erase flash these boxes, i have been trying for weeks now to flash bonesys dump of his 14 day epg gemini image, i can only assume that there is something wrong with the dump because i can flash ANY other image to the box with ANY dm800 compatible version of dreamup....but not his one, i allways get 'invalid image, box will be unusable now' on the web interface or 'invalid image 010!!!' when using dreamup...im pulling my hair out over this but no one seems to be able to offer me an alternative dump of the image.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by umutgenc View Post
    Hi,

I have just joined to forum and trying to see the attachment in first post. But site does not allow me. Can you please describe the step instead of sending screenshots? Thanks
    It just appeared after posting one message

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by loady View Post
    Is there anyway to erase flash these boxes, i have been trying for weeks now to flash bonesys dump of his 14 day epg gemini image, i can only assume that there is something wrong with the dump because i can flash ANY other image to the box with ANY dm800 compatible version of dreamup....but not his one, i allways get 'invalid image, box will be unusable now' on the web interface or 'invalid image 010!!!' when using dreamup...im pulling my hair out over this but no one seems to be able to offer me an alternative dump of the image.

you sure that image has no faults cause to me it looks like a bad firmware

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Same problem for me

Hope to solve this tomorrow. I'm happy to see there are helpful people out there.
    New on this!!!

Thanks.

Reeeaaalll Happy.
    Everything works.

You find the solution in this:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...-enforcer-990/

I used a twisted serial and port 1 in dreamup
    Last edited by Windviper; 16th April, 2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Happy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Windviper For This Useful Post:

paulomotos2003 (11th December, 2013)

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast