Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Start guide to getting Dreambox 500c up and running

In the last couple of days I've just got my first Dreambox ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Quick Start guide to getting Dreambox 500c up and running

In the last couple of days I've just got my first Dreambox 500c up and running and just wanted to share with you the guides I used. Noticed many people having the same initial issues as myself of only being able to get the freeview channels. I fixed this by getting the the latest roms and updating them in /var/scce. Anyway it's all briefly explained below. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the guides I've referenced below - they really helped me to get it up and running.

Here's what I did - I followed this guide word for word - Digital Kaos - Downloads - Noobs guide to 500c

I then replaced all of the files in /var/scce with the ones from here RapidShare: Easy Filehosting, and set the permission on the each file within /var/scce to 755 (basically gave each file the execute permission) - you should be able to do this by right-clicking on each file and changing file permissions should be one of the options on your FTP software (can't be any more specific than that as you could be using any one of hundreds of FTP packages.) This is the guide I followed to replace the /var/scce files, so if you need more info on that I recommend you download this - http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...box-noobs-429/

After replacing the files in /var/scce mine started working perfectly. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ashb View Post
    In the last couple of days I've just got my first Dreambox 500c up and running and just wanted to share with you the guides I used. Noticed many people having the same initial issues as myself of only being able to get the freeview channels. I fixed this by getting the the latest roms and updating them in /var/scce. Anyway it's all briefly explained below. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the guides I've referenced below - they really helped me to get it up and running.

Here's what I did - I followed this guide word for word - Digital Kaos - Downloads - Noobs guide to 500c

I then replaced all of the files in /var/scce with the ones from here RapidShare: Easy Filehosting, and set the permission on the each file within /var/scce to 755 (basically gave each file the execute permission) - you should be able to do this by right-clicking on each file and changing file permissions should be one of the options on your FTP software (can't be any more specific than that as you could be using any one of hundreds of FTP packages.) This is the guide I followed to replace the /var/scce files, so if you need more info on that I recommend you download this - http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...box-noobs-429/

After replacing the files in /var/scce mine started working perfectly. Hope this helps.

nice to see you got sorted. you dont say if your in ireland or uk. i say this as its a new issue in the last few days if you live in ireland and want to get a 500c up and running again.
    is it a bird?......is it a plane?.....NO ITS MY CHEAP CLONE FROM CHINA GOING OUT THE ****ING WINDOW.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

I'm in UK. I didn't know there had been any issues - like I say only just acquired dreambox this week, so it's still new territory for me.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ashb View Post
    I'm in UK. I didn't know there had been any issues - like I say only just acquired dreambox this week, so it's still new territory for me.
    yes they changed to n2 a while back and knocked out the the cable dreambox,s . but there is a fix in the last few days and some people are having probs getting sorted. thats why i wanted to clarify where you where.
    thanks and glad your sorted m8.
    is it a bird?......is it a plane?.....NO ITS MY CHEAP CLONE FROM CHINA GOING OUT THE ****ING WINDOW.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alliv View Post
    yes they changed to n2 a while back and knocked out the the cable dreambox,s . but there is a fix in the last few days and some people are having probs getting sorted. thats why i wanted to clarify where you where.
    thanks and glad your sorted m8.
    Thanks mate!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks a lot!

pex
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dude... Thanks... I follows every guide and It still woudlnt work... it wasnt until I changed the File Permissions to 755 that it works... As everyone can see from all of my downloads ... tried on several PC's.... anyway its all up and running now.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much - just about to replace a dbox2 with a dreambox (clone probably) and this will help a lot!
    Hopefully it'll be more reliable than dbox!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bertiness View Post
    Thanks very much - just about to replace a dbox2 with a dreambox (clone probably) and this will help a lot!
    Hopefully it'll be more reliable than dbox!
    No probs and good luck!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pex View Post
    Dude... Thanks... I follows every guide and It still woudlnt work... it wasnt until I changed the File Permissions to 755 that it works... As everyone can see from all of my downloads ... tried on several PC's.... anyway its all up and running now.
    Yeah, having to change the file perms is a bit of a gotchya. Thanks.
    Last edited by ashb; 6th July, 2009 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick question, i read the document but i was wondering if the FTP part is necessary?

if i were to buy a new dreambox, would flashing the image with dream up get the box working?

I had problems with the whole ftp process before and am looking to buy a box that i can set up myself

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kurupt View Post
    Quick question, i read the document but i was wondering if the FTP part is necessary?

if i were to buy a new dreambox, would flashing the image with dream up get the box working?

I had problems with the whole ftp process before and am looking to buy a box that i can set up myself
    The only way you won't have to FTP is if you have your own complete image from somewhere. All the images on this site are FTA only so FTP is necessary to copy across the k3ys and roms.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm a 2 week old newbie.
    I have a 500c and have tried all of the above but still only get freebie channels. I've tried several images but am only able to pick up channels with transponders in DK v1 or v1.1.

I have left v1.1 at the moment and copied the files to the keys and scce folders. Also tried emu 2.17 and 2.12.

Very desperate, help needed please.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kammi View Post
    I'm a 2 week old newbie.
    I have a 500c and have tried all of the above but still only get freebie channels. I've tried several images but am only able to pick up channels with transponders in DK v1 or v1.1.

I have left v1.1 at the moment and copied the files to the keys and scce folders. Also tried emu 2.17 and 2.12.

Very desperate, help needed please.
    Try mgcamd.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi just joined the forum it's all good stuff, my dreambox is in the mail and obviously Im a noobie so I will give these guides my full attention and let u know how I get on.

Thanks and wish me luck fingers crossed and all that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast