Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Web X-TV

I have connected my 500c via a router and can access Web-X ...

  1. #1
    Top Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    19
    Uploads
    0

    Default Web X-TV

    I have connected my 500c via a router and can access Web-X TV in my browser, seeing details on the epg. What do I do now? What can I do with the browser and how do you do it? Anyone got an idiot's guide?

  2. #2
    V.I.P. Member Elric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    854
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Downloads
    37
    Uploads
    2

    Default

    have you got vlc installed cos i think you need that,
    i dont use webxtv i use fiscstream have a search around the forums for it








  3. #3
    Admin Assistant caveman_nige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In my Cave
    Posts
    8,514
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 48 Times in 29 Posts
    Downloads
    54
    Uploads
    6

    Default

    Elric is correct, you need to install vlc player on your PC/laptop now... i found it better to use older versions of vlc for this purpose

    you can get an old copy of vlc to try first from the link below...

    Digital Kaos - Downloads - VLC Player 0.8.6d


  4. #4
    DK Veteran tomhick024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Between a Rock and a Hard Place
    Posts
    565
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    or else do a 'Google' search for 'Mfarag' db viewer Version 4, windows based and works a treat with the DK image!
    Whatever!!

  5. #5
    Top Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    19
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Thanks. I managed to install VLC 0.8.6. Not sure what order I then did things - think I selected a channel and clicked on web-tv then vlc and had to open a video.m3u file with vlc.exe. I did get some tv streamed but now I am getting no video in the web-x-tv-mozilla firefox window. Seems very unreliable! Also - can't I make the tv full screen?

    Have you got any other ideas/suggestions?

  6. #6
    Top Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    19
    Uploads
    0

    Default Got a malware problem with this program!

    Quote Originally Posted by tomhick024 View Post
    or else do a 'Google' search for 'Mfarag' db viewer Version 4, windows based and works a treat with the DK image!
    Thanks for the suggested but AVG didnt like this at all!

  7. #7
    Top Poster + alexh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Try an earlier version of VLC? However that version should be early enough. If you just get "Waiting for video" then it is too late a version of VLC

    The MPEG streams that the Enigma dreambox software outputs are not legal and later versions of VLC no longer play them.

    This program worked well for me

    tunisia-sat dreambox player and streamer5.rar

    However, depending on the version of Enigma you are running, the Dreambox 500C struggles to send the MPEG data over ethernet. It is some sort of RAM bandwidth issue. If you switch off the video decoder on the dreambox (with a separate tool running on the dreambox) the glitches go.
    Last edited by alexh; 30th January, 2010 at 01:59 PM.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    29
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexh View Post
    Try an earlier version of VLC? However that version should be early enough. If you just get "Waiting for video" then it is too late a version of VLC

    The MPEG streams that the Enigma dreambox software outputs are not legal and later versions of VLC no longer play them.

    This program worked well for me

    tunisia-sat dreambox player and streamer5.rar

    However, depending on the version of Enigma you are running, the Dreambox 500C struggles to send the MPEG data over ethernet. It is some sort of RAM bandwidth issue. If you switch off the video decoder on the dreambox (with a separate tool running on the dreambox) the glitches go.
    I have "Waiting for video" problem. Older version of VLC didn't help. Is there any other other solution?

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Bump, I am also getting "Waiting for video" message, anyone?

  10. #10
    Moderator Bulld0g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    12,754
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 157 Times in 105 Posts
    Downloads
    255
    Uploads
    10

    Default

    Have you tried a third party streamer ? There are a few around, Two of which are mentioned in this thread.

  11. #11
    Newbie rogerp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Downloads
    34
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    is anyone using a mac and try to use the web x tv?

    I have download the VLC software to my mac and installed it. however when i click web x tv - it just say no plug in found. VLC work if i run it sepeartly. any idea what went wrong? is it just a OS compatibility issue?

  12. #12
    Top Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerp View Post
    is anyone using a mac and try to use the web x tv?

    I have download the VLC software to my mac and installed it. however when i click web x tv - it just say no plug in found. VLC work if i run it sepeartly. any idea what went wrong? is it just a OS compatibility issue?
    You have to install the browser plugin for VLC as well as the VLC app. It's available on the VLC website on MacOSX downloads page.

    VideoLAN - VLC media player for Mac OS X

    But don't bother cause the Mac world has a much better solution and one of the best Dreambox apps that will take care of this:

    iDreamX for Mac free Download

    - Launch iDreamX.
    - Type in your dreambox ip address.
    - Click "Checkbox" and it will find your dreambox.
    - Click the Bouquets tab to pull down your channels, etc.
    - Click the Streaming tab.
    - Use the Bouquet dropdown menu at the bottom of the iDreamX window to bring up a list of channels.
    - Double-click a channel to remotely switch the dreambox to that channel.
    - Click the "to VLC" button to start streaming to VLC.

    Only set this up tonight and it works perfectly and no messing about needed. Though I don't think it works with HD channels but still SD TV streaming over wireless to my Dell Hackbook is all I was looking for.

  13. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Working

    Working Thanks!!

  14. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hideous.ape View Post
    You have to install the browser plugin for VLC as well as the VLC app. It's available on the VLC website on MacOSX downloads page.

    VideoLAN - VLC media player for Mac OS X

    But don't bother cause the Mac world has a much better solution and one of the best Dreambox apps that will take care of this:

    iDreamX for Mac free Download

    - Launch iDreamX.
    - Type in your dreambox ip address.
    - Click "Checkbox" and it will find your dreambox.
    - Click the Bouquets tab to pull down your channels, etc.
    - Click the Streaming tab.
    - Use the Bouquet dropdown menu at the bottom of the iDreamX window to bring up a list of channels.
    - Double-click a channel to remotely switch the dreambox to that channel.
    - Click the "to VLC" button to start streaming to VLC.

    Only set this up tonight and it works perfectly and no messing about needed. Though I don't think it works with HD channels but still SD TV streaming over wireless to my Dell Hackbook is all I was looking for.
    I have the same - initially working perfectly but now VLC shows error.
    Clueless how to fix it.
    What do you have for the streaming port on idreamx?

  15. #15
    Top Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by natzakaria View Post
    I have the same - initially working perfectly but now VLC shows error.
    Clueless how to fix it.
    What do you have for the streaming port on idreamx?
    Mine is set to Port 80 but I didn't chose that, I just entered the IP address of the Dreambox.

    Login Name: root
    Password: dreambox

    Then clicked "Check Box"....it should find the Dreambox if you are connected to your network.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •