Register

advent 5611 network controller

hi all, i have an advent 5611 laptop which i have reinstalled ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default advent 5611 network controller

hi all,
    i have an advent 5611 laptop which i have reinstalled vista on and everything has gone through sweetly until it comes to the network controller. does anybody know where i may be able to locate this? i have tried uninstalling and rebooting the laptop for it to reinstall but it fails, windows update does nothing for it and also driver genius did not help. advent do not offer much in the way of support and google seems to be fruitless too.
    thanks all

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bobfrapples View Post
    hi all,
    i have an advent 5611 laptop which i have reinstalled vista on and everything has gone through sweetly until it comes to the network controller. does anybody know where i may be able to locate this? i have tried uninstalling and rebooting the laptop for it to reinstall but it fails, windows update does nothing for it and also driver genius did not help. advent do not offer much in the way of support and google seems to be fruitless too.
    thanks all
    read a simillar post on another site and the solution appears to be a realtek driver so have put in a link to the download....Realtek

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

i tried that link earlier and the little bleeder didnt work. it has now so thank you
    Last edited by bobfrapples; 1st February, 2012 at 06:46 PM.

Top Poster +
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is hapenning ?? Is the Network card working ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

may sound silly, but tried windows update?, right click device manager and search for driver on update.

if not you will need to fight your way around there now migrated techguys>knowhow site

Search Results | Knowhow

they tried to morph all the told advent shit, and lost it somewhere in here. bhaaa

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes i did try windows update but it didnt work and manster no it is not working i am beginning to believe it was not working when i got it. installing these drivers has though removed the exclamation mark at the side of network controller in device manager.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bobfrapples View Post
    yes i did try windows update but it didnt work and manster no it is not working i am beginning to believe it was not working when i got it. installing these drivers has though removed the exclamation mark at the side of network controller in device manager.
    There was an issue with some of the vista advent recoverys where it missed the drivers on re-installation. sorry tho, cant remember if that model was one of them. ( i no longer work with advent machines )

you will find the drivers on that knowhow site, like i said they moved it all from the techguys knowledgebase into here, and thats where they used to keep all the advent drivers.
    ( except printers, which now has its own support website )