Register

NIKKAI 4port USB NETSERVER

this server been on old system and currently OK on 2nd (XP) ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NIKKAI 4port USB NETSERVER

this server been on old system and currently OK on 2nd (XP) machine working corectly. Got new Machine Vista64 - used disk and loaded up software as VISTA. - machine seems to work and show the connected devices OK but get error "USB server bus does not exist - uninstall and re-install software"
    have done so several times - what is it trying to say - and anyone else seen the problem and sorted it? - Tks
    Last edited by ukv1342; 26th March, 2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nikkai 4 Port USB Server

I am having exactly the same problem. My XP machine works well with the server. My Vista machine has the same message as the previous post. I have failed to locate a fix for this on the web. My machine recognises the presence of the server but will not load the software from the disc supplied, despite it saying that it is compatible with Vista. Is this anohter Maplin gremlin. Can anybody suggest a fix?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would say the drivers are crap and you should try newer ones but without a manufacturers website to get them from thats not so easy... Have you asked Maplins for advise or a newer driver CD. Easier still why not bin Visat64 (not much point in having this anyway) and use XP..
    Last edited by caveman_nige; 3rd April, 2009 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Nikkai 4-port USB server

Quote Originally Posted by pwksrak View Post
    Nikkai 4 Port USB Server

I am having exactly the same problem. My XP machine works well with the server. My Vista machine has the same message as the previous post. I have failed to locate a fix for this on the web. My machine recognises the presence of the server but will not load the software from the disc supplied, despite it saying that it is compatible with Vista. Is this anohter Maplin gremlin. Can anybody suggest a fix?

Snap! I have exactly this same problem. Works fine with XP, but just got new machine with Windows7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system, and it installs but does not recognise the server. It "sees" the devices attached to the server (2 printer and 2 external hard discs) but does not connect to them correctly. Presumably we need updated driver - from where ??

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Same problem

I have same problem both with 64 bit win 7 and 64 bit vista machines which is not mentioned on the box. Before I return this to Maplins and one have a cure for problems.?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Driver for WIndows 7 x64

Hi guys,

I bought one of these a couple of days ago for 3 without drivers etc, then I searched the net for hours to get them, after having no luck I got in touch with the manufacturer of the chipset who gave me some drivers.

I signed up here just so I could give you the post on my blog with the files, hopefully it will help some of you out.

Drivers are for XP/Vista32/64 and Win732/64.

I am running the server myself as I type this on Windows 7 x64 so I know it works.

Drivers Here

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default The URL for the Win7 drivers seems to be dead

Does anybody still have a copy of the WIN7 drivers?
    Thanks
    SdS