Register
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Digital Photography.

Originally Posted by xant14 The 450D is what I want, I had ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by xant14 View Post
    The 450D is what I want, I had chance of a really cheap 350D, but, me being a c*nt, not happy unless I have the best. Now the 500D is due soon, I suppose I will stay umming and ahhing until the 550 is out.
    Technology eh! who needs it... 'Computer off'
    Its a lovely camera. There's better ones in the Canon line but its the only one I could afford, it took me 4 month to tuck the money away and plenty of saturday work.

anyway its not the camera that makes a good photo its the person taking it, so I keep telling meself.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you seen my fish? and its good friday too!

Yeah, ive seen em. That Egyptian water is a lot clearer than ours.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

The 450D is what I want, I had chance of a really cheap 350D, but, me being a c*nt, not happy unless I have the best. Now the 500D is due soon, I suppose I will stay umming and ahhing until the 550 is out.
    Technology eh! who needs it... 'Computer off'
    The 350d can be "modified" to perform exactly the same as the 450d

Id love an EOS 1000d but dont have the few grand to throw down on the body and a setup of lenses

Using an old Minolta SLR XD 35mm with a few old rokkor lenses. its completely obsolete but i likes it.

i used to shoot astronomy photos with my awesome homebrew newtonian telescope (the hand polished mirrors took me a good few months to grind down to perfection) but ive not been out in a few years now, i totaly miss it but the ambient light around here is pretty harsh and it would take a couple of hours to drive out to my usual spot.
    Last edited by chroma; 10th April, 2009 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Changing the subject a bit. Just last week a mate of mine who's into astronomy, flew from Doncaster up to Stornaway I think, to get a glimpse of the Northern Lights.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think the Canon 350 and 450 use the same lenses anyway, so there shouldnt be a great difference in image quality.

Could be wrong.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I understand that software/firmware can be upgraded, but it wont up the 350's 8megapixel to the 450's 12megapixel. nor will it increase the lcd screen size either, I suspect there is a few other changes too.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I understand that software/firmware can be upgraded, but it wont up the 350's 8megapixel to the 450's 12megapixel. nor will it increase the lcd screen size either, I suspect there is a few other changes too.
    Yeah your right, but those 12 mps are only used if your gonna blow em up poster size or do some serious cropping.

I'm deffo no expert though, I'm a long way off being even rubbish...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with what you say about megapixels, I dont believe in them personally, but I very much doubt that a 350 has got to the 450 stage with just software tweaks.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with what you say about megapixels, I dont believe in them personally, but I very much doubt that a 350 has got to the 450 stage with just software tweaks.

Agreed.

The only thing i don't like about me 450 is that I can't make it take reasonable piccy's.
    Probably nothing to do with the camera though.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by yamar1 View Post
    i got a cannon 8megapix from argos 6 weeks ago, 49.99 reduced from 100, think there still in the catalogue, not realy my thing cameras but i have to say this is an excellent camera, great screen great pics, took the one on my avitar of the bike, as well as others, made a few bob on ebay with it to!, all in all great value 10/10
    Cracking buy that, my Pentax555 cost me 450 with a 128 card, Jan 2004 tho.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

megapixels are a double edged sword.

the more there are the greater the overall resoloution, which is nice. however if a 3mp sensor is the same size as an 12mp sensor then each pixel is going to be a magnitude of 4 smaller.
    this introduces noise into the print, and that shitty purple hazing.

more important than the actual ammount of pixels is the "crop factor" cmos sensors are smaller than 35mm film so a photo taken on my old 35mm camera will generaly include more of a scene than one taken with a dslr with a 1.5 crop factor (fairly common as are 1.6 and 2.0) with a 2.0 crop factor you effectively lose the left quarter and the top quarter of a print.

Then theres sensor types, CCD's are shitty consmer point and click grade sensors, cropped to shit and fairly inaccurate at best.
    then you get CMOS chips that are far better quality and cost a bus-ton more. the downside to these as with ccd's is that its a single layered grid that maps each pixels color in RGB and brightness. so a pixel can either be red green or blue and have a luminocity assigned to it.
    JFET sensors are just high end CMOS sensors that suprisingly enough are very rarely used (probably down to different fabrication processes)
    all of the above work on the principle of the Bayer pattern effect.
    this is some jiggery pokery which decrees that the human eye sees mostly green so 50% of the pixels will be green, 25% red and 25% blue. so every pixel is biased towards green.

next comes the awesome X3 sensors that are tripple layered and can assign multiple colors and brightneses for each pixel giving far more accurate results, the downside is you generaly need to remorgage a house to pick up a decent chip that wont be cropped to shit
    These work on the foveon principle that measures each pixels green red and blue tone simultaneously giving results that are more accurate than the human eye can actualy percieve, bearing in mind that its better to have more data initialy then drop the excess later in post production than it is to spend hours screwing around with a shot that doesnt have enough and wont look "right" regardless of how many filters and wizardry you apply.

course manufacturesr dont like to really discuss this because these considerations dont fall into a 12 is bigger than 3 so it has to be better mentality that consumers just love.

gmb45

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pumpy View Post
    awreet Gb.

Nothing wrong with 4.2meg, the more megapixels only mean you can enlarge the final image without loosing quality.

Ive got an old Olympus which is the size of a small brick.
    A Canon izus 950is compact, which is a brill little camera.
    And just before xmas I moved to SLR's and bought a Canon 450d.
    nowt wrong with slrs they a bit to serious for me tho i just want a quality camera with a decent zoom to take a quick pick sony is the dogs boll-cks for me had the chance to get the camera i wanted not long ago i ummed and ahhed on the price they sold it to some fcuker else

gmb45

Default monsal head video 22-04-09

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlPGclDzw0w]YouTube - monsal head video 22 04 09[/ame]

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

thinking of buying this camera
    Buy Fujifilm Finepix S1000fd Wide Angle 10MP Digital Camera. at Argos.co.uk on monday.

anybody got? good camera?
    Khan, you bloodsucker! You're going to have to do your own dirty work now, do you hear me? Do you?

Chuck Norris has two speeds: Walk and Kill
    There is no "Ctrl" button on Chuck Norris' PC: Chuck Norris Is always in control
    Evolution is a myth. There are only the animals Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
    Chuck Norris does not sleep: He waits

https://www.facebook.com/people/Abdul-Zapdul/100000706531866
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have a fuji finepics s5700 its a great camera, this one looks like an update of mine mine has 7.1 mp not that that means owt but i would say its a good buy m8. its slightly bigger than a compact, its called a bridge camera between compact and slr, if it was me i would go for it, its a lot of camera for the money and the video is great as well, the vids i have on you tube were taken with my fuji so there you go!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast