Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

blackberry curve 8520 app error 523 ??

hi everytime my blackberry powers up i get app error 523 reset ...

  1. #1
    Top Poster kingy999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Downloads
    71
    Uploads
    0

    Default blackberry curve 8520 app error 523 ??

    hi

    everytime my blackberry powers up i get app error 523 reset ??

    anyone heard or no how to get around this ..

    many thanks

  2. #2
    DK Veteran teerak2uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    2,526
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 172 Times in 104 Posts
    Downloads
    96
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Re install the O/S then should be ok
    Oh and by the way if my post has been at all helpfull
    please press the little THANKS tab

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    yup just reinstall and wolla

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    how do you reinstall the o/s(what does that mean) on a blackberry curve 8520?

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martinlfc View Post
    how do you reinstall the o/s(what does that mean) on a blackberry curve 8520?
    can anybody help me got a blackberry 8520 curve when powered on it reads app error 523 reset. wat do i need to do to get it working

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teerak2uk View Post
    Re install the O/S then should be ok
    what is o/s and how do your re install???? someone said go on blackberry.com but i can't seem to find the software

  7. #7
    V.I.P. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Cape, South Africa (Ex-UK)
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 42 Times in 25 Posts
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    2

    Default

    Take it to a dealer if you are not 100% OK doing the following:

    The error is caused by an installed application failing and damaging the BlackBerry Operating system in the process. The fix is to simply erase and reinstall the operating system to your phone. This sounds difficult but isnít too hard in practice. Itís something you can do yourself on your home PC using BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you donít feel confident in doing this yourself then you can take it to a BlackBerry repair centre and theyíll carry the repair out for you, but you might have to wait a couple of weeks for them to do it and if youíre out of warranty youíll probably have to pay for it.

    In most cases, the 12 steps listed below should get your handset working again & the process is exactly the same if you want to upgrade your firmware to a newer version. Before you start though Iíd recommend that you check the following:

    The battery in your BlackBerry handset is fully charged.

    *Internet Explorer is needed to download latest version of BlackBerry Firmware. BlackBerry Desktop Manager isnít an essential part of the process, but it will make managing your device a lot easier.

    Once youíve downloaded and installed the latest versions, itís time to start updating your phone. Youíll need to be patient though, as this isnít the fastest process in the world and it will take some time to erase everything and then reinstall the software. When I ran through it for this post it took around 45 minutes on a BlackBerry Curve 8310 upgrading to 4.5.0.163 on a PC running Windows XP SP3.

    To be on the safe side, Iíd close any other applications on your computer and go make yourself a coffee while you wait for the update to finish.

    Itís extremely important that once you start this process you donít disconnect your BlackBerry from your computer or switch your computer off until the update has completed and youíre told it is safe to do so by the update application.






    6. If youíre asked for a password, type in your BlackBerry password and click Next.
    7. The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone.



    Update BlackBerry Firmware - Select Applications to Install

    8.If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.

    9.Click Next. The ĎCompleting the Application Wizardí screen will appear and display all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone.

    10.Click the Advanced button and make sure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected. Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out.



    Update BlackBerry Firmware - Check 'Erase all' boxes


    11.Click Next, Youíll be asked if you want to be notified of future updates, enter your email address and then click Next again.

    12.Click Finish. The BlackBerry firmware will now be updated on your BlackBerry. Youíll need to be patient though as this will take around 45 minutes to complete Ė maybe longer.


    Update BlackBerry Firmware - Software will take around 45 minutes to udpate

    13.Thatís it Ė All done. Once you see the update successful screen it is safe to disconnect your phone from your computer.




    Update BlackBerry Firmware - Update Complete


    If you get any error messages at any point, you may need to start the process again. If you try 3 times and it still wonít work, youíll need to take your handset to your nearest repair centre or contact BlackBerry for help.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teerak2uk View Post
    Re install the O/S then should be ok
    How do you reinstall o/s and what is os?

  9. #9
    DK Veteran teerak2uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    2,526
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 172 Times in 104 Posts
    Downloads
    96
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karate View Post
    How do you reinstall o/s and what is os?
    for what model and what network
    Oh and by the way if my post has been at all helpfull
    please press the little THANKS tab

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teerak2uk View Post
    for what model and what network
    a blackberry 8520?
    could you also tell me what o/s is?
    and its on 02

  11. #11
    DK Veteran teerak2uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    2,526
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 172 Times in 104 Posts
    Downloads
    96
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    o/s is operating system basically best to keep it updated to the latest using blackberry desktop manager

    here

    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

    and choose your o/s from here

    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    Oh and by the way if my post has been at all helpfull
    please press the little THANKS tab

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    this was very helpful mate, thanks, but i didnt need to complete all the tasks to get the blackberry to work, all it needed was a system update to v5.0.0.2

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    19
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    do as what's bro teerak2uk said to u just need to delete vendor file from your system to able reflashing your phone



    br

  14. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim.Mahoney View Post
    Take it to a dealer if you are not 100% OK doing the following:

    The error is caused by an installed application failing and damaging the BlackBerry Operating system in the process. The fix is to simply erase and reinstall the operating system to your phone. This sounds difficult but isnít too hard in practice. Itís something you can do yourself on your home PC using BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you donít feel confident in doing this yourself then you can take it to a BlackBerry repair centre and theyíll carry the repair out for you, but you might have to wait a couple of weeks for them to do it and if youíre out of warranty youíll probably have to pay for it.

    In most cases, the 12 steps listed below should get your handset working again & the process is exactly the same if you want to upgrade your firmware to a newer version. Before you start though Iíd recommend that you check the following:

    The battery in your BlackBerry handset is fully charged.

    *Internet Explorer is needed to download latest version of BlackBerry Firmware. BlackBerry Desktop Manager isnít an essential part of the process, but it will make managing your device a lot easier.

    Once youíve downloaded and installed the latest versions, itís time to start updating your phone. Youíll need to be patient though, as this isnít the fastest process in the world and it will take some time to erase everything and then reinstall the software. When I ran through it for this post it took around 45 minutes on a BlackBerry Curve 8310 upgrading to 4.5.0.163 on a PC running Windows XP SP3.

    To be on the safe side, Iíd close any other applications on your computer and go make yourself a coffee while you wait for the update to finish.

    Itís extremely important that once you start this process you donít disconnect your BlackBerry from your computer or switch your computer off until the update has completed and youíre told it is safe to do so by the update application.






    6. If youíre asked for a password, type in your BlackBerry password and click Next.
    7. The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone.



    Update BlackBerry Firmware - Select Applications to Install

    8.If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.

    9.Click Next. The ĎCompleting the Application Wizardí screen will appear and display all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone.

    10.Click the Advanced button and make sure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected. Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out.



    Update BlackBerry Firmware - Check 'Erase all' boxes


    11.Click Next, Youíll be asked if you want to be notified of future updates, enter your email address and then click Next again.

    12.Click Finish. The BlackBerry firmware will now be updated on your BlackBerry. Youíll need to be patient though as this will take around 45 minutes to complete Ė maybe longer.


    Update BlackBerry Firmware - Software will take around 45 minutes to udpate

    13.Thatís it Ė All done. Once you see the update successful screen it is safe to disconnect your phone from your computer.




    Update BlackBerry Firmware - Update Complete


    If you get any error messages at any point, you may need to start the process again. If you try 3 times and it still wonít work, youíll need to take your handset to your nearest repair centre or contact BlackBerry for help.
    above mentioned instructions are very informative but i am having the same problem and when i connect my BB 8520 to BB Desktop manager it does not recognizes the phone and the same error appears. what to do in this situation to get connected to the desktop manager?

  15. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingy999 View Post
    hi

    everytime my blackberry powers up i get app error 523 reset ??

    anyone heard or no how to get around this ..

    many thanks
    the easiest way to get rid of that problem is by following the instructions on the video whose link is as follows.

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM9v3pgkeno]YouTube - BlackBerry Curve App Error 523.wmv[/ame]

    i had a same problem and i have tested it on my BB 8520.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •