Ive read a few posts on here regarding the trp format used ...
Ive read a few posts on here regarding the trp format used by the TM5402 HD CI+ for saving recordings. Many people are wanting to save/archieve or play these files on their PC but are unable. There is software out there that will do the job for you.
Here's a quick guide on how to get those recordings over to your PC (both SD & HD) and play or recode them for archiving purposes.
1. Copy your trp file over to your PC (via network or plugging your USB device into PC)
2. Go find VideoReDo TV Suite V4 and install. (I will not provide or source a link due to forums rules but you know how to do this by now surely!)
3. Open the trp file in VideoReDo and let it scan the file. ( NOTE: When it opens a browse window u may not see your trp file, click the drop down menu and select "All Files" and you should now see it!).
4. Once open you can edit/cut the file from here by using the Sel.Start-Sel.End buttons is you so wish.
5. When done editing click "Add Selection"
6. At the bottom click "Save As" and select to resave as .ts file! This fixes any stream issues also contained within your trp recording without attempting a recode/remux
7. Your File has now been recompiled as a .ts file which plays perfectly in VLC player!
8.. Finally: Should you wish to recode the .ts file to another format there is a multitude of software available which will recode .ts format to MKV/MP4 using XVID/H264 codecs. One of the best is called Handbrake! Give it a google and try it as its free!
This little tutorial allows you to edit/save/recode and archieve your recordings for future use.
Hope this was of some help!