Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Technomate 5402?

Hi Amir96, What useful channels are you able to get with the ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Amir96,

What useful channels are you able to get with the TM 5402 apart from the free to air channels? Any sports, Documentary and good kids channels?

I am planning to get the TM 5402 HD this week.

mdt
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kwasidan View Post
    Hi Amir96,

What useful channels are you able to get with the TM 5402 apart from the free to air channels? Any sports, Documentary and good kids channels?

I am planning to get the TM 5402 HD this week.

there is a bit open with softcam/keys that will get you football,some kids,docu and the odd movie aswell.... plug it into your router and add a special file and you can get 80% of whats out there but we cant discuss this side of it in open forum,regards mdt
    Technomate F3/5,Famaval 1.1m Off-Set Dish,Stab 120, IBU ,55East to 45West

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the response mate. This 80% channel out there which I could get via softcam/keys and by plugging it into internet, are they going to be stable and therefore would not require constant visit to forums etc to keep these 80% channels.

Regards

Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 891 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kwasidan View Post
    Thanks for the response mate. This 80% channel out there which I could get via softcam/keys and by plugging it into internet, are they going to be stable and therefore would not require constant visit to forums etc to keep these 80% channels.

Regards

The Key file needs little maintenance maybe once a month and with the Technomate keymaker program you can do this at home on your PC/Laptop whenever you want no need to visit the forums if you dont want to.

mdt
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you want a box that requires little or no maintainence then a protek 9710 is what you need... just flash once then it auto-updates the software ect but it relies on the internet and has no emulator other than procamd which is used for the connection. the tm5402hd will open bulsat(ir2 only)/orf/austriasat/csat(22610 only)/fransat/sic-int/mezzo.tv-globo/rai 1,2,3,4/nrk/svt/dr1,2/tv2den and their regional variations,arqiva and about 45 channels in b.i.s.s. from 53e to 30w without a broadband connection in sight. you will need to visit the forums say once a week to keep up to date with delevopments and maybe update the softcam via usb or enter a b.i.s.s. key or two. these boxs are a hobby for most of us but there are a great deal of non-tech minded people who wouldnt go near a motorised/foriegn sat system if s*y wasnt so expensive. you can get footy,movies,kids,docu and xxx with this and if you want to look into the broadband side of it you can. ive been into sat since 1994 so i am biased but a tm5402hd used with a 90cm or 1m motorised dish will get you a wealth of channels for years to come and id recommend one any day,regards mdt
    Technomate F3/5,Famaval 1.1m Off-Set Dish,Stab 120, IBU ,55East to 45West

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, Thanks for such an extensive information.

- I am sure I will be able to connect internet via a router to any box I would end up buying. So any advice should be on the basis that the box would be connected to the internet.

- Also I have a 90cm motorised dish installed already so that should be factured in the advice as well.

- The PROTEK 9710HD, would it provide the same footy, docu, xxx, kids and movies channels compared to what I could get with the TM 5402?

- The automatic updates from the internet to feed the PROTEK 9710HD, is it to keep all the "relevant" channels unlocked? Which ever source this automatic updates comes from to feed the box via the internet, it is "fairly" reliable?

I am used to downloading and updating softcams from forums onto my TM 6800HD box so I can do some basics if I have to buy the TM 5402 HD.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

You are probably better off asking those questions in a forum dedicated to the product which you want to buy. I'd hazard a guess that a Technomate forum isn't the best place to ask about a non-TM product

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12