Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

technomate firmware/patch question

hi all. (newbie) first off i just purchased a technomate tm-5400 ci+ ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default technomate firmware/patch question

hi all. (newbie)
    first off i just purchased a technomate tm-5400 ci+ super, 90cm motorised dish. having it installed tomorrow.
    i have a couple of questions regarding firmware/ patch update.
    first off i plan to update technomate firmware from technomate website via usb, do i need the loader too? or because i am installing via usb, do i just copy the stb file to the usb stick? and when installing a patch, do i need a loader for that? or just copy to my stick again?
    now lets say i've updated the firmware and installed the latest patch, then when i install the latest firmware/patch, do i need to delete the old firmware/patch files? or can i just copy the new files via usb again?
    thanks i'm off to read up on softcams... my head hurts.

Retired Sat TV Addict .: JaCkPoT :.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

You wont need a loader unless you are updating via pc..
    You dont have to delete your old patch the receiver will automatically overwrite the old one

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default re firmware/patch

thanks for the reply, that helps loads.
    if i could just ask about softcams/patch.
    i've been reading on here and the net, i'm a little confused about the difference between the 2, a patch seems to unlock some channels, softcam seems to unlock a few more, but softcams need regular updating, where as a patch not quite so often?
    my plan in the future is to buy a diablo cam, but for now i'm wondering which is best? patch/softcam, or should i do both? or are they they same thing?
    as you can tell i'm new to this, so any stupidity on my part.. i bow my head in shame..

Retired Sat TV Addict .: JaCkPoT :.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

A patch is third party software based on the official Technomate firmware..
    The patch allowor keys to be used to open channels..
    Softcams are files with latest keys..it is used in conjunction with the patch

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default one last thing... i think

thanks for your help with this sadiq999uk.
    so, if i understand this right, first off i want to update the technomate official firmware (from there site), so i know the box is up to date and will work to its best.
    then i want to add the patch, then the softcams?
    then when i update the softcams in future, do i need to update the patch aswell?
    obviously i will update the softcams as i need it, but how often should i be looking at updating the technomate official firmware, patch?
    thanks in advance

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERN MONKEY View Post
    thanks for your help with this sadiq999uk.
    so, if i understand this right, first off i want to update the technomate official firmware (from there site), so i know the box is up to date and will work to its best.
    then i want to add the patch, then the softcams?
    then when i update the softcams in future, do i need to update the patch aswell?
    obviously i will update the softcams as i need it, but how often should i be looking at updating the technomate official firmware, patch?
    thanks in advance
    always use the latest patches when they are posted
    the latest patches say they autoupdate the keys for you.
    the patches are third party software added to the latest technomate official software to open certain channels without the need to use cards or cams, by loading the latest patches your receiver should always be upto date. softcams are key files for all the providers and you will need to load
    the softcam for any provider who changes keys that are not covered by the patch autoupdate
    Please Read Carefully!
    No Sky UK NDS Videoguard Hacking Discussions.
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal
    the files available are kept for experimental & educational purpose only
    original vu solo2 / vu uno v-box / 36v /1.2 dish,

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie probs

Hi, i have tried to understand what i need to be doing by reading this thread but im still a little unsure. I appologise in advance if these questions seem obvious but am new to this so trying to get to grips with it, also i thank anyone in advance for any help.
    Firstly, i have a TM 6900 hd super, i have copied the firmware and softcam files to a usb stick, plugged this in and updated the firmware (is this what is known as the patch)? When i try to load softcam file, i dont see it on my usb stick when in tm menu but it is on there when i view it on pc. Do i need to load both the files? Heeeelp

Banned
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

TM firmware is not patch. You must load the latest patch then softcam for it to open 1 west for example. Without patch only fta channels. You cannot see softcam as it cannot be loaded onto unpatched box.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERN MONKEY View Post
    thanks for the reply, that helps loads.
    if i could just ask about softcams/patch.
    i've been reading on here and the net, i'm a little confused about the difference between the 2, a patch seems to unlock some channels, softcam seems to unlock a few more, but softcams need regular updating, where as a patch not quite so often?
    my plan in the future is to buy a diablo cam, but for now i'm wondering which is best? patch/softcam, or should i do both? or are they they same thing?
    as you can tell i'm new to this, so any stupidity on my part.. i bow my head in shame..
    hi ya m8 you do not have to buy a cam for tm 5400 as you have a card reader built in does the same job

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, thanks for info. I think i have loaded patch correctly using usb stick but still not seeing softcam file? Confused!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default help with patch and soft keys please

Hi ive just got my motorised dish and technomate 5400 with usb working with fta channels, now this is where i am stuck ive downloaded the latest patch and unzipped it but my pc wants to know what file created it (help ) or do i just copy the unzipped file to a memory stick any help would be very grateful

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure what you mean m8. Just unzip with winrar and put the unzipped file onto a memory stick.

THE TRUTH
    The Hillsborough Independent Panel. 12/09/12

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gibbo74 View Post
    Hi ive just got my motorised dish and technomate 5400 with usb working with fta channels, now this is where i am stuck ive downloaded the latest patch and unzipped it but my pc wants to know what file created it (help ) or do i just copy the unzipped file to a memory stick any help would be very grateful
    so all i need todo is download the latest patch unzip then copy it to usb and stick it in box and transfer data and thats it, or am i doing something wrong ? do i need any softkeys?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats all you need to do m8

THE TRUTH
    The Hillsborough Independent Panel. 12/09/12

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

ive loaded the patch and softkeys ,but still can only watch fta channels ,what channels should i be able to watch?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast