Register

TM5402 sat alignment

Hi Folks I'm getting a bit cheesed off with my new motorised ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TM5402 sat alignment

Hi Folks

I'm getting a bit cheesed off with my new motorised setup. I have a problem where, for seemingly no apparant reason, the signal quality on most sats is not great.

If I go into the menu and nudge the motor E slightly, I get a massive increase in signal quality.

Sadly, I can't figure out how to "save" this motor position, and so as soon as I exit the menu, the dish returns to the previous position, and I get a bad signal & the picture breaks up.

So, what am I doing wrong?

I will say, that my TM5402HD is great, but Technomate really need to sort their user interface out. There are so many quirks and annoyances, it's really not a user-friendly system for non-techies.

I know other versions of firmware exists, so is there a way I can get hold of it? I'm a senior software engineer for a firm who uses embedded systems, so this kind of stuff is right up my street. I am almost certain I can make some massive improvements to the UI and OSDs

Cheers
    Ed

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you installed the dish/motor yourself you have not aligned it correctly if you got a installer to do it get him back
    theres nothing wrong with the 5402 box its only going to where the sats should be but your dish is out much
    easier to correct your dish

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can u not use the POS on the remote and save position from there?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

It wont save the position if on USALs go to installation>motorised settings> make sure an active TP is on the transponder line>position setting>ok>antenna longitude and alter the setting by 0.2 degrees at a time eastwards/westwards exit then drop to "go to" and yes to "do you want to save"you will see the bars at the bottom move if they give a lower reading than originally change the longitude to go in the opposite direction keep doing this til you get max signal then exit to full screen, you only need to do this on one sat as the rest will fall into place.( as you have to nudge East start by increasing your long position Westward as soon as the quality bar stops rising make a note of the long then continue til it starts to drop make a note of that long then set the long midway between the 2 and exit to full screen to check results)
    you wont find abox with an easier to navigate menu than the std TMs.

IF you have to do this exercise often you may have to put your long position back to your correct location long then go outside and slacken the motor bracket just enough to twist it on the mount and move it L/R til max signal is obtained again.then tighten up well.
    Last edited by dick b; 24th December, 2011 at 02:56 PM.
    all downloads best with "firefox" & opened with"7-zip".

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dick b View Post
    It wont save the position if on USALs go to installation>motorised settings> make sure an active TP is on the transponder line>position setting>ok>antenna longitude and alter the setting by 0.2 degrees at a time eastwards/westwards exit then drop to "go to" and yes to "do you want to save"you will see the bars at the bottom move if they give a lower reading than originally change the longitude to go in the opposite direction keep doing this til you get max signal then exit to full screen, you only need to do this on one sat as the rest will fall into place.( as you have to nudge East start by increasing your long position Westward as soon as the quality bar stops rising make a note of the long then continue til it starts to drop make a note of that long then set the long midway between the 2 and exit to full screen to check results)
    Many thanks for the info, I will give this a try shortly.

you wont find abox with an easier to navigate menu than the std TMs.
    Oh dear - that really is bad news. It's great hardware, but as with so many other hardware manufacturers (Samsung and quite a few others) the software is the weak point. Send me the source code and I'll sort it out

Banned
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

TM receivers have one of the easiest menu of all boxes really

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

As Manic said.

this is one of the most user friendly boxes you could work on
    but it wont align your dish for you.