Register
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Starview HD Combo LAN & NON LAN STBs

a big hello to everyone, i am currently watching all the channels ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default starview hd combo itv1 hd missing

a big hello to everyone,

i am currently watching all the channels on the combo using cable and cs with the latest carling + firmware.

however channels which i would expect to be on the cs server arent there, eg. itv hd and e4 hd. i assume that the server has the xl package which is why i cant understand what im doing wrong.

i have done endless factory reset after reset to no prevail and with each passing none itvhd day i am slowly turning into duncan goodyou.

please could somebody help as i am at my wits end.

thankyou in advance.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi peeps, please could anyone tell me if there is a new file coming for hd combo, i got recently but can't pick up sports & most hd channels, using carling firmware, thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

hiya mate,

first of all i hope the link works, secondly i dont know much about much but this is the file i am using and also is the latest on the carling side.

i recieve all channels exept itvhd and e4 hd so this definatley works but probably depends where you are in the country
    though.

just a few checks that cs is turned on and connected.

btw, are you recieving itv hd and e4 hd?

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Starview Combo HD

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, everytime i try put carling image on it fails, plz can u help, i have tried different sources for image & different usb sticks, tnx in advance

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to be a pain or sound stupid, i have now put carling on but channels are still scrambled, i have followed instructions on here & when i do 8989 & keyedit i dont have option to turn on autoupdate is that the ucas selection ? tnx in advance

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default hd combo

Hi wolfboyrea you say you get all the hd channels except for a couple can you confirm do you get all the sky hd channels movies etc as i cannot get any sky hd channels.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

hiya chuckles53,

i apologise for the false info, i went downstairs after writing in the thread and realised they had gone, this must have been the point when i was completley nagged.

i dont think the hd movies, itv hd, e4 hd and sky sports 1 hd are on the server, maybe this will be something added in the future.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could someone please answer the question which has appeared in a few posts, do you need grove-rider as well as carling and why.
    Thanks
    Junger

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default connect to HD tv.

Quote Originally Posted by satsmo View Post
    Non LAN, (No ethernet port), Combo Serial latest firmware Digital Kaos - Downloads - Feb 09 Latest FW For Starview Combo Serial Model

The NON LAN, serial only boxes were the first 500 batch that were released.

CAPABLE OF RECEIVING SATELLITE AND CABLE TRANSMISSIONS SIMULTANEOUSLY

INDEPENDENT SATELLITE AND CABLE HD TUNERS
    EMBEDDED TWIN CI SLOT
    EMBEDDED CARD READER

2 X USB PORTS
    PVR READY VIA BOTH USB PORTS
    Supports MPEG-2, MPEG-4 H.264 and fully DVB Compliant
    Diseqc 1.0,1.1,1.2 and USALS
    Aspect ratio adjustment 4:3 (16/9 crop) 4:3 (16/9 letterbox) 16:9 (4/3 pillar box)

User friendly OSD and Operation
    Total 8000 Programmable Channels
    Multi Language audio support & Multi-Language Menu Text Support

Favorite Channel Selection
    parental guide and rating control
    EPG (provider Electronic Program Guide) Inc on screen channel info
    On-screen Display with 65,356 color
    Blind Scan (powerscan) and powerful EPG

8psk Turbo FEC Option
    Zoom function in pause
    Dolby Digital Bitstream out through S/pdif (Optical and coaxal)
    selectable output for 1080i,720p,480p and 480i format
    Multiple video outputs HDMI 1.1, Component (YPbPr) Composite
    USB 2 Host (access to HDD, USB memory, Others ect 2 x ports onboard

Upgrade software and channel list via usb2.0 and rs 232
    MP3 file play by usb2.0
    Recorded file play on PC

Reservation recording via EPG

I have not tried this box out yet, but would be interested to see how others will fair out with it.

I will sticky it for now.

To Flash Box:

Load grooverider file on to your usb memory stick, make sure power is off on machine.
    Insert the memory stick into the front usb socket underneath the front flap.

Turn the HD Combo on.

From the main menu go to Utility and then press the right arrow button and select usb from the right hand side, you will see the grooverider file press ok on it and make sure to select SW+ALL DATA UPDATE.. the machine will update and restart (don't pull your memory stick out until the machine has fully started up).

MAKE SURE YOU LOAD THE GROOVERIDER FILE FIRST THEN THE BOOT FILE FOLLOWING THE INFORMATION BELOW

How to Upgrade inc new boot file.
    1) File name GrooveRider_HD_Combo_F3.50_1118.uad upgrade with S/W + All Data Upgrade first.
    2) Then Upgrade again withBoot_V0021 ( type : sw upgrade )
    3) Power on/off at the back and then factory re-set
    Check your system information says LDR:Ver 00.21

You now need to scan your channels, so go to installation press the right arrow button again and go down to AUTO CABLE SEARCH all you need to change here is the symbol rate.

The symbol rate determines your area for example nt* is 6887, the other 6952 are for telewe*t and EXc&w.
    When you have selected your area go to start scan.

Once the scan has finished go to menu then highlight accessory and on the remote press the numbers "8989" you will then see
    "keyedit" appear on the right hand side, go to it and press ok and just check that auto update is on if its off just turn it on.
    then go to to your channels by exiting the menu and pressing ok.. Select a non FTA channel and leave it until a picture appears
    PLEASE NOTE IT CAN TAKE UP TO 5 MINUTES TO UPDATE

Channel list..

All your channels are categorised pressing ok on your remote brings up the channel list but it will be in simple layout, pressing the red button takes you to detail, now if your list don't appear to be categorised you will need to press the SAT button on the remote and you need to select cable at the bottom of the list this will then give you the categories, to change each section you simply use your left or right arrow buttons.
    can you help me please i am thinking of buyng the new Starview Hd combo for cable connection do you just connect to your HD tv and cable connection router box then can you pick up all channels many thanks.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

@junger

Grooverider is an old nic for the older Sat bins, Knightrider is the later nic for the latest Sat bin files.

It's a combo box hence why you use Carling for cable and Knightrider for Sat. I keep it updated on the first page of this thread Starview HD Combo LAN & NON LAN STBs

@davemac33

Welcome to the forum, if it is just for cable as opposed to use on both Sat and cable there are other alternative boxes, take a look through the threads here for help.
    Last edited by satsmo; 2nd September, 2010 at 09:42 PM.
    We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

@junger

Grooverider is an old nic for the older Sat bins, Knightrider is the later nic for the latest Sat bin files.

It's a combo box hence why you use Carling for cable and Knightrider for Sat. I keep it updated on the first page of this thread Starview HD Combo LAN & NON LAN STBs

@davemac33

Welcome to the forum, if it is just for cable as opposed to use on both Sat and cable there are other alternative boxes, take a look through the threads here for help.
    That explains it all, can I load them in either order?, I don't see knight-rider on 4shared link, is it somewhere else?
    Thanks
    Junger
    Last edited by junger; 2nd September, 2010 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whatever way you want, the readme for the Sat set up side I have linked to off site.

It is related to earlier bins but still applicable when using the latest files.
    We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whatever way you want, the readme for the Sat set up side I have linked to off site.

It is related to earlier bins but still applicable when using the latest files.
    Sorry Satsmo, I have tried to find Knightrider but it is no longer on the site as a download, can you help please
    Thanks
    Junger

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Apologies as my posts may be confusing as said its a combo file and is found in the link I posted. Here is an off site link, copy and paste it into your browser:

Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/zRzweJnS/Carling_0712.html
    This is what you need for the combo as it combines both cable an sat.
    Last edited by satsmo; 2nd September, 2010 at 10:26 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have installed the carling already, does that also cover the sat side as well and what sat channel can i test it on please?
    Thanks
    Junger