Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vonets wifi bridge set up 4 a780

hi in need of help have done the correct loading of firmware ...

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default vonets wifi bridge set up 4 a780

hi in need of help have done the correct loading of firmware to my box and flashed it and now i have come to the point of downloading the carling 1.3 into my wifi bridge but it will not open. im struggling with the setup of the bridge, any help guys thanx

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=derry1962;894961]hi in need of help have done the correct loading of firmware to my box and flashed it and now i have come to the point of downloading the carling 1.3 into my wifi bridge but it will not open. im struggling with the setup of the bridge, any help guys thanx[/QUOT

carling 1.03 is for starview 7. use the disc that came with bridge, plug bridge into pc and router and follow setup and put it into your box after

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

ah i get you. i was plugging into the box and comp. take it its ok to plug in when router is on? do you know also i have just seen a set up download on 4 share 4 my bridge do i download that then carry out set up? cheers 4 the help btw dude, been a heck of a night

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

any help we this wifi bridge absolute nytmare. when i have gone through the instalation it says to double click nack on the icon on the desktop, however when i do this it comes up error NIC not found. what can this mean and how do i get around this? any help would be great thanx

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

i take it you got wifi bridge conected to pc/comp when opening soft to configure

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

hey yeah, i have the bridge connecting in at the usb bit and at the lan bit. have downloaded the setup and went through installation, then the manual says to click back in on desktop but thats when the error comes up with NIC not found. any ideas, thanx again jumpin joe

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

sounds like your using vista, if you have a laptop with xp use that to set up. does seem to be an issue with vista and vonets, i have got got round to looking into it.

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok sound i will try it with a diff laptop and let use know how i get on cheers 4 the help again guys

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by derry1962 View Post
    ok sound i will try it with a diff laptop and let use know how i get on cheers 4 the help again guys

good luck!

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

orite guys. tried the wifi bridge set up on an xp laptop and still the same, when back to desktop clicking on icon it still coming up error NIC not found. am i doing this right? got the usb and the lan connection connected into the laptop when doing the setup??? thats what the guy at the shop said to do so just taking it its the way. any ideas as to why this error NIC not found is coming up when clicking on icon on desktop after tghe setup process??? cheers

DW190

orite guys. tried the wifi bridge set up on an xp laptop and still the same, when back to desktop clicking on icon it still coming up error NIC not found. am i doing this right? got the usb and the lan connection connected into the laptop when doing the setup??? thats what the guy at the shop said to do so just taking it its the way. any ideas as to why this error NIC not found is coming up when clicking on icon on desktop after tghe setup process??? cheers
    NIC not found could be your LAN is disabled.

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

ah, if the lan is disabled though would that not stop me from having internet access?? or is this another mater and i have to enable the lan for it to work? cheers

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

ah, if the lan is disabled though would that not stop me from having internet access?? or is this another mater and i have to enable the lan for it to work? cheers

I had the same problems a while ago.
    Try this updated firmware, its the 5.0.3>MEGAUPLOAD - >badapple link<

You need to enable the LAN on PC. and it works better on laptop for some reason!

Read here>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...bridge-156269/
    SLOWLY, OUR FREEDOM IS BEING ERASED.
    SOON, WE WILL JUST BE A NUMBER.
    IF WE DON'T FOLLOW, WE WILL BE ERASED.

DK Veteran
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok sound i will enable on lan and try the new firmware and let use know how i get thanx guys for your time and help, hers hoping this is it cheers

DW190

If you use wireless you will be using the WLAN and the need for the LAN is removed. You say you have the:

So the LAN must be enabled for it to work. Look for the LAN connection and make sure its enabled. By disabling and enabling the ip addy will be renewed if necessary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast