Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default 2016 Audi A5 BCM2 Problem AKL

Hello friends, I am the third locksmith to touch this car. Original car was salvaged from water damage with working key, customer purchased donor car and swapped MED17 ECU, Dash, ESL, BCM2, Gateway. Hired 1 locksmith to program key, he failed. Damaged pins of NEC D70F3634 Locked MCU in BCM2 of water damaged module and erased data from working key in water damaged car. Hired locksmith 2, he said BCM2 was locked and he would need to buy new bcm2. (customer has no key i dont think its possible to adapt new bcm2 without working key with odis) He then tried to read data from locked MCU and damaged chip (erased all data). Now he hired me, and im stuck with damaged BCM2. My idea was to clone data from all water damaged modules and write to donor modules, then learn new key. I have succesfully cloned ECU, Dash, Gateway, ESL. I have recovered data from water damaged chip with VVDI Prog. (repaired pins damaged by 1st locksmith then weld to board of good BCM2). I understand Data 1 and Data 2 are not full data for chip. I write service file to chip and still cannot make dealer key when continue program with VVDI2. I am making key on bench with harness for ECU, Dash, Gateway, ESL, BCM2. I can communicate though diagnostics with everything except ESL and BCM2. Is there anyway to tell if locksmith 1 corrupted data of locked NEC with data 1 and data 2 from VVDI Prog? Could it be a bad BCM2 and i will need to clone data to new BCM2? If so I heard you can write service file to donor, then program keys all with VVDI. I know PolDiag is best tool but I dont have money to buy right now, i would like to complete job with VVDI if possible. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    392 Posts

Attach dump BCM2 eeprom and flash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I posted all the dumps I have, there is no eeprom it is internal. It is code flash and data flash. Vvdi prog does not pull full files. Just enough to write service file and immo data to make key

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    525 Posts

I can not understand why this number 1 Lockie.
    Had to renew, the original key.
    I would newer do that.
    (I rather purchase a new key, somewhere else/or second hand.)
    This is, the most stupid thing here.

The other damaged module.
    Hopefully only one piece, and not several modules.
    Could have been adapted with VAG online tool, at the dealer.
    And car would start.

Instead of total kit.
    This car includes component protection.
    And I guess that, is what makes it more complicated.
    Last edited by Weasel3; 18th January, 2023 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I agree, both locksmiths had no idea how Audi IMMO V works and made the problem worse. It would of been a simple key programming if they didn't touch it. But at this point with all the damage the dealer will most likely replace everything and he does not want that. I think my best option is to buy used BCM2 and write service file, then learn key with VVDI. I wanted to see if anyone else had a better option or a way to tell if any of the data I have is corrupt so I am not wasting my time/money.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    997 Posts

why not buy full ECU kit?

aslo is it possible to put ECU kit from car that the BCM is not crypted?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If there is no solution with VVDI I was going to do full kit. I am not sure if a BCM2 swap not encrypted is possible.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

BCM2 and ELV synchronisation ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Solved! Bought a used BCM2 at salvage yard same part number and cloned with VVDI. If anyone is ever curious it is definitely possible to clone locked BCM2 with VVDI prog/ VVDI2 even if AKL. Thanks everyone for their input

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DLKLocksmith For This Useful Post:

alex_r_2001 (20th January, 2023), jokir (19th January, 2023), Manta1600 (19th January, 2023), scotlock (20th January, 2023), wuza (19th January, 2023)