Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Wiring up an e60 cluster to my PC using an Arduino

Hi guys!

I somehow managed to order the wrong cluster so instead of reselling it, I'll just throw a bit of code together in order to get it to work with PC games such as BeamNG or ETS2.
    To connect the Arduino with the cluster, ive bought an Arduino MEga 2560v3 coupled with a Seeed Studio can bus shield v2.

What I've archieved so far:

-data output from Beamng using SimHub and some Youtube tutorials
    -get the cluster to light up (using a 12v 0.5Ah PSU from an old camera charger)
    -get the cluster to display RPM and throw some error codes (thanks to Terraviper-5 from the Arduino forums)

what i still need to get done:

-get the cluster to receive the SimHub game data in form of Can signals
    -get a wiring diagram to check if the e60 cluster is similar to the e90 cluster because the e90 cluster apparently has been modded before
    -maybe adapt some e90 simhub cluster sketches to my cluster incase they're the same

Soooo in case anyone has an e60 pinout, please let me know!
    I really want to get this thing working and i'm sure i'll learn alot of can and arduino related stuff along the way!

Thats all for now lads! I'll try to keep everyone interested updated!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to robzzn For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (28th January, 2023)