Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Odometer correction MB CLS 2005

Hello

I have change milage on a mercedes cls 2005 320cdi.. change milage in cluster and ezs with DP3 from elprosys. I change milage from 63554km to 30000km. when i put parts back in car odometer show 30000 and after 3sec it jumps back to 63554.

regards speedofix

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedofix View Post
    Hello

I have change milage on a mercedes cls 2005 320cdi.. change milage in cluster and ezs with DP3 from elprosys. I change milage from 63554km to 30000km. when i put parts back in car odometer show 30000 and after 3sec it jumps back to 63554.

regards speedofix
    I think I didn't send you enough schematics :-)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

what have I done wrong? I have read ezs after correction and it show 30000km before I put it back in car....
    Last edited by Speedofix; 8th March, 2010 at 09:54 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

possible that odometer and ezs pickup old milage from ZGW? this is new type with 9s12 inside(2005-).

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,168 Posts

your car have zgw,must program

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,300 Posts

Hello

regards speedofix
    Mate if you have correctly put the miles in the cluster and Zeroed the EZS..or for that matter the other way round ..it will stay there ...It cannot pick them up from anywhere else ...although they are in the CGW/ZGW .they will not overwrite the cluster/EZS...If you post the saved original dumps,then they can be edited for you...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I have put ezs to 30000km and odometer to 30000km.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,300 Posts

And now you're going to tell me you have the original Saved / and changed dumps ..... because If they are changed ...they will stay changed mate ....Just post the dumps mate.....

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,190 Posts

Very easy strip out. Chrome looking plastic bezel around cluster just unclips and pulls out.(Gentally squeeze top and bottom and pull forward) 4x Torx T20 and one plug to remove cluster.
    Key module the usual, unscrew ring and drop out after removing the 3x Torx T20 from underdash tray.
    Literally 10 mins to strip the lot out.
    Key module
    Cluster remove rear cover and unclip pcb to reveal 24C16 read and write in Km using W211 Clip in E Class menu
    Rebuild the same !0 mins.

Don't forget to reset service first.

Strip out as per 196b but came across a few other things that may be useful.

Before starting make note of current mileage and also Service letter and miles to service or exceeded. This way you can work out what service it will go back to. Please bare in mind that if for say service B is exceeded by 2000 miles and say you take 25,000 off this will mean that the central gateway will go back to what the car would need with this mileage taken off so in this example it would go back to Service A although the customer may have already had this service done. Be careful here as this will mean that you will need to reset that service record when the mileage reaches the figure it did when this service was oringally completed the first time round, this would be in the service book if completed by mercedes.

Cluster removal as per 196b , pull off silver trim, trip button pulls off and cluster tilts forward and comes out sidewards, pretty straightforward.

Key module drops out from bottom , worth noting that the small blue plug unclips out next to clip where black cable pull is as there is also another plug socket the opposite end of key module, not sure if it works both ends but better to put in where it came out.

Central Gateway is just clipped to back of the lower panel by pedals, one plug and it unclips off, small light grey box, same size as BMW EWS.

If cluster can not be programmed with CAN BUS dongle and Mercedes CAN dash plug it will need to be stripped down, i haven't found any that can go this way yet.

When stripping cluster you will need to hot air the two stickers that cover the join where the glass clips off, heat them up and gently peel off this way you can put back on and it looks like its never been opened. Once these are off and glass is stripped off you need to take the whole unit out of housing, comes out in complete piece. There are two black clips top and bottom on both left and right sides of pcb and then there is another clip holding the back of it in. This clip is by the white dash plug connector, just needs a small screwdriver to poke through and release the board.
    Once out turn over to see smaller PCB on the back this is held in place by two little orange ribbon connectors. Undo both of these and the the board will flip over, it will still be joined by the main ribbon cable at the top but ok then to see 24C16 chip. Oscillator is big enough to clip legs so put clip on and then flip over to work on EEprom. Use the Mereceds E class W211 Clip menu, takes a short while to read but eventually get the reading. Press Show, verify and then for safety save the DUMP. Adjust and all done, take another read to make sure all OK.
    Once programmed before fitting back together power up with CAN bus Dongle and Dash plug and check to see if the reading is fine (ignore error messages on screen this is normal).

Key module

Central Gateway with 9S12

Fit back as per strip out and collect your cash.
    Last edited by drpeter; 9th March, 2010 at 09:40 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have just read the dash as above on a 2006 e-class and i am just getting zero's, any ideas the chip is 24c16AN? i am using digi 2 and it just says 'mileage:??????' and gives me the option to input a figure, do i just input the required mileage or is something wrong? I do only have the option to program 24c16 not 24c16AN could that be related to the problem?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

the ezs and the cluster have to be the same before they are both connected to the car or they will update to the higher reading within 2 or 3 seconds

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Hi try to put Dash 30000km and EZS 0km sometimes problem with algo for EZS. Wok.