Tuner A: (empty) nothing. Tuner works in another DM800 but not found on setup. HELP! - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doa76 View Post
    Nothing tried to update a drivers buy still no tuner...

Tuner empty, men i think it's over with ut.
    Hi

I had this problem on my clone last week after an firmware update I lost the tuner, well tuner empty message and to contact dream multimedia.

You can try 2 things one is reflash with the correct bootloader image you had before perhaps even the image the box came with originally as thats what worked for me.

The other thing to check is maybe open up box and check tuner is seated in properly.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys, I have used this forum for ages, but never had much to contribute up until now.

I have a DM800HD, and upon returning to my house one day, the wife said the picture froze and the box wasn't working after a reboot.

as I had an old tuner that would glitch on the HD channels, and as the tuner wasn't showing up in the system menu, I purchased a new glitch free tuner from Ebay.

It arrived, I installed it and had exactly the same problem as before, tuner missing. However, I had noticed that the lcd screen on the unit was pulsing, or fading in and out after bootup, so I took the whole thing apart, re-soldered the power sockets joints and some of the tuner ones, put it all back together again, and still had the problem.

As one last ditch effort, I ordered a new PSU unit from Ebay for about ?8, plugged it in, and immediatley noticed that the lcd was no longer pulsing.

As soon as I plugged in the LNB cable, the tuner found stations and started to dceode them. All that waiting and hassle for an ?8 PSU unit.

If you have a Missing tuner issue, I would suggest you try this, as it seems there are quite a lot of us out there with the same issue....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

? So. You mean it's a cable Issue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doa76 View Post
    ? So. You mean it's a cable Issue
    Have you actually gone into the menu.setup/service searching/tuner configuration/ then tried to choose either simple or advanced?

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello andy
    It's impossible to do anything you can't se that, tuner.
    It's empty. Nothing can't be changed in something that
    No exist...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, not a power cable issue, but a power supply issue, so replacing the power supply unit worked for me. The black box between the wall plug and the jack plug!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hi

Possible issues for tuner empty could be.

1) In tuner config press right button and configuer the tuner.

2) Reflash again and see if it resolves.

3) Tuner may not be seated properly and box will need opening up to check.

4) As said may be power supply, and in my experience if power supply is f**ked but still powering up the box, light at back of box/lcd at front will pulsate as its not getting enough voltage image will still boot up and this might result in showing up " tuner empty ".

5) Tuner could be f**ked.

Thats the order I would check but maybe others might have different ideas.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

having same probs here even when i try a known working tuner in the box gives the same tuner empty nothing in the tuner config.

have anyone resolved this issue and if so how you manage it.

thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

I got a new 800se last week. On receiving it, set it up with my configuration and all well.

However, couldn't wait to re-flash it with a new image. Did so, and on setting up, tuner was not recognised ???

Re-flashed twice more to no joy. Same problem !

Eventually took box apart and low & behold, the tuner had become loose and was not seated in the box. Also noticed, at the rear, the washer which tightens it up against unit, was quite slack.

This was the last throw of the dice for me and it was successful. Have since read from others, that this is a common occurrence.

Worth a check lads !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

tried everything here with no result did notice that the tuner says eardtek on it not alps like ive seen in others.is it possible to get drivers for this model if so where do i install them??

thanks in advance.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE
    ok opened box took out the sim cleaned it and went back to original image low and behold tuner was back.thought ok not keen on gemini image anyways so reflashed with newnigma loaded my bouquets all ready to go now chuffin,go back into tuner config dam its not there once again.

TUNER A EMPTY NOTHING. so must be a software issue.
    Last edited by deanrdtsupplies; 24th October, 2011 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also have the same issue, I will try some of the solutions provided and come back with results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Exclamation Tuner empty

Hello
    After doing a lot, and i mean A LOT with my box , only thing left was to change tuner for new one. My advice to all of you who have this type of issue, change tuner and you will skip a lot of problems ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mast View Post
    Hi

Possible issues for tuner empty could be.

1) In tuner config press right button and configuer the tuner.

2) Reflash again and see if it resolves.

3) Tuner may not be seated properly and box will need opening up to check.

4) As said may be power supply, and in my experience if power supply is f**ked but still powering up the box, light at back of box/lcd at front will pulsate as its not getting enough voltage image will still boot up and this might result in showing up " tuner empty ".

5) Tuner could be f**ked.

Thats the order I would check but maybe others might have different ideas.

Regards
    Thanks for all the info guys.

Pressing the right button on the tuner config worked for me.

This is what cause my tuner to go AWAL in the first place:
    I reflashed a new image and got a CA error when booting.

I then reflashed with the old image via a crossover and it was then that I lost the tuner after it booted.

I figured that this was too much of a coincidence for the tuner have blown at that exact moment.

I took the tuner out and reseated it, but that did not fix the problem.

It was only when I was pressing the right button in the field where is said that there was no tuner found I was able to set up/save a sat.
    After that, the field the showed that the tuner being recongnised and I could then do a sat scan.

Hope that helps someone else as I thought mine was dead in the water until I read some of the ideas on this topic.

Thanks again!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default no tuner -fixed-

hi, i had this same problem today after updating ssl82 to ssl84 and flashing with blackhole ramiMAHER patched, was working prior to flash so presumed it would have to be software/driver related, so i reflashed with dreamelite 3-0 ramiMaher patched for clones and tuner is back and in process of scanning as im typing , hopes this helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sane problem here but with a faulty power supply

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast