Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Speed Camera Warning application for Nokia N95 phone

Speed Camera Warning application for Nokia N95 phone

This application provides a speed camera warning system for suitable Series 60 3ed phones. It is designed to operate either in conjunction with Nokia Maps, or in the background (e.g. whilst using another application or in standby) and popup to the foreground with an audio visual alert, then return to the background

http://mcbiskits1.googlepages.com/SpeedCam.zip

Due to the restrictions imposed by Symbian Signed, the installation process is a bit tedious. However, if you want to modify your phone security to avoid having to bother with signing, I've found that the following package and instructions provide the easiest method so far for installing the relevant software: Drakkarious2.01.zip

http://mcbiskits1.googlepages.com/Drakkarious2.01.zip

A suitable speed camera data file is required. A dummy file speedcam_example.txt is provided to illustrate the required format of the file. For the UK, a good source of up to date files is available at Pocket GPS World (I have no affiliation with them) who now provide a file specifically for this application - an annual subscription is required to obtain the relevant file (look for Nokia SpeedCam) from:

Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras - Speed Camera Download

This detector has been tested on a N95-1 running V21 and V30 firmware and latest Nokia Maps v2 Nokia Europe - Nokia Maps - Download using both the internal GPS and an external BlueTooth GPS, but works with other Series 60 3ed (inc FP1, FP2) phones that support Location Based Services

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks a lot working fine with my n95

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was using my Nokia for this purpose but didn't find it to be very accurate. I upgraded to this piece of hardware that is fantastic: Inforad K1 Speed Camera Warning System - GoMemory.co.uk - it is a tiny and much more accurate - you need to update it every now and then via USB on your computer, but it saves a lot of messing around with the moby!