Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Saab 900NG immobilizer madness

Hi guys,
    A few weeks back I bought myself a 1997 Saab 900NG coupe, this is suposed to become my daily car.
    When I bought it, the car had no fuel pressure, I had to disassemble the fuel pump to realize that a piece of tubing became too dilated and came off.
    I changed this piece of tubing and I now had fuel pressure, but the car still refused to start.
    At that point I thought it had something to do with the fuel injectors, thus I removed the inrector rail from the engine and was surprised to see that the car was cranking but only fred the injectors once then nothing, I thought it was the Crank Position Sensor but a friend of mine told me that this could be an immobilizer issue.
    This is where I began my journey...

After a lot of reading on multiple forums I stumbled upon a guy who explained that if the fob batteries were not working then the car would not start.
    I changed my keys, followed his "lock unlock" procedure with the fob, and to my surprise, the car started.

It started multiple times tince then, until today when it didnt.
    I spent the whole afternoon trying to start my car, changing the battery multiple times over, in the car, in the fob. NOTHING :/

I have fuel pressure at injectors and they do not fire, same as before.
    The car does not recognize my key anymore, I can tell that because the alarm goes off when I open the door with the key but it does not stop when I put my key in the ignition.
    The fob seems to work properly as it unlocks/locks the car and unlocks the trunk.

I looked for a way to bypass the immobilizer but to no avail, all I could find is for other version of the car, the pin shorting method would not work for me because after looking at the diagram it would not make sense and I could fry my ECU ?
    I have attached the schematic I have purchased for my car (this is also a way of making it available to anyone who does not want to pay for it ), the color code is the right one.
    My alarm/immobilizer module is the 45 88 877 with the black connector, not the yellow one, yellow is for 47 10 448 if I understood correctly.

This was the first problem I wanted to ask, but since I am an idiot I decided that I would provide a dump of the eeprom (non rotated 93LC46) of this module.
    Why am I an idiot ?
    Because while my wiring is correct, and the supply voltage too, I was in write mode and I think I my accidentally have overwritten some of the bytes with garbage.
    Anyways, if anyone can provide me with a clean dump for this eeprom, or confirm if the one I have is good or not.
    And if anyone has a solution for disabling immobilizer on my car I would greatly appreciate your help.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Attachment 965608

Sorry, there seems to be a compression issue with the schematic I provided earlier.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Hi
    Look for another dump for this same model. Then post it in immo section of the forum for an immo off.
    Who knows you might get lucky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this topic can help You
    Regards

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum...b-900-IMMO-OFF