Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry SIEMANS CDR500 Stuck in SAFE 7 Mode

The battery on my 2004 Vaxhall Zafira ran completely out causing my Radio to need its’ unlock code re-entering. I have the code, but although I perform all the correct procedures (Engine Running with Radio on for over an hour -Displaying just the word ‘SAFE’. Turning Radio Off. Holding in the AS button whilst turning radio back on. Display shows ‘7 SAFE’) I do not get the confirmation beep or my display changing to four dashes and the word CODE. Instead the display just hangs with the ‘7 SAFE’ display and does not change, no matter how long I keep the two buttons depressed!
    I ’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, removing the (removable) front plate, cleaning the two sets of pins etc all to no avail!
    Can someone please help me and tell me what to do in order that I can enter my code?
    Thank you
    Last edited by Drew Clayden; 30th July, 2023 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Removing weird characters

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,090 Posts

try this 7SAFE -> WAIT 15 minute

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,081 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Clayden View Post
    The battery on my 2004 Vaxhall Zafira ran completely out causing my Radio to need its’ unlock code re-entering. I have the code, but although I perform all the correct procedures (Engine Running with Radio on for over an hour -Displaying just the word ‘SAFE’. Turning Radio Off. Holding in the AS button whilst turning radio back on. Display shows ‘7 SAFE’) I do not get the confirmation beep or my display changing to four dashes and the word CODE. Instead the display just hangs with the ‘7 SAFE’ display and does not change, no matter how long I keep the two buttons depressed!
    I ’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, removing the (removable) front plate, cleaning the two sets of pins etc all to no avail!
    Can someone please help me and tell me what to do in order that I can enter my code?
    Thank you
    The key must be set to position 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up PROBLEM SOLVED!😄

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Clayden View Post
    Thank you
    Thanks for all your help. My problem has now been solved by once the display showed ‘7 SAFE’ turning my ignition key to position 2, but leaving the key in the ignition. Then after approximately 10 minutes my display changed to ‘CODE’ with four dashes, enabling me to enter my un-locking code, followed by a press of the AS button and my radio is now back up and running. Thank you again. I am one happy man! 😄