Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Could any 1C0909605F replace faulty Roomster 1C0909605F 0Q1 ?

Hello,

----------------------------
    HISTORY:
    First of all, I'm new to this airbag programming thing.
    The heat exchanger on my girlfriend car broke and flooded the airbag module on her Skoda Roomster
    Now, there is the airbag light on the dash and of course, the ITV (spanish MOT) is due this week.
    The module sticker reference is 1C0909605F Index 03

ERROR LOG:
    I can access all values and everything is correct in VCDS but there are some errors that always come back and light the dash when I disconnect from the module.
    Here are the sticky errors, in the car or on the bench:

Address 15: Airbags Labels: 6Q0-909-605-VW5.lbl
    Control Module Part Number: 1C0 909 605 F
    Component and/or Version: Q1 AIRBAG VW61 Q1Q2 0003
    Software Coding: 20785
    Work Shop Code: WSC 73430
    VCID: 275D4D9EC5ED127C79-515A
    8 Faults Found:

00532 - Supply Voltage B+
    -- 07-10 - Signal too Low - Intermittent

01639 - Crash-Sensor for Side Airbag; Rear Passenger Side (G257)
    -- 30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

01638 - Crash-Sensor for Side Airbag; Rear Drivers Side (G256)
    -- 30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error
    -- 00-10 - - - Intermittent

The next 4 errors appeared when I tried to disable/enable airbags to see if I could still access the functions (which I could) but they won't clear now.
    I guess memory and some voltage regulation on the board are probably corrupted in some ways but I don't have the knowledge to diagnose and repair it.

00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
    -- 33-10 - Resistance Too Low - Intermittent

00589 - Airbag Igniter 1; Passenger Side (N131)

01217 - Side Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N199)

01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Passenger Side (N200)

AIRBAG OPTIONS:
    I understand there is some kind of "vag color" which is the programming of the module which allow for specific airbags configurations and software coding. In my case, the color would be 0Q1. ( 1C0909605F0Q1 would be the complete reference for a new module)
    control unit with software for
    driver, front passenger, side
    and curtain airbags
    1C0 909 605 F 0 Q1
    There is no way of knowing the "color" of a second hand module without connecting to it and to know if it would accept the correct software coding and airbags configurations.

-------------------------------------
    QUESTION / SOLUTION ?
    -------------------------------------
    I would like to know is if it is possible to reprogram this "color" code if I get a used module with the same sticker reference (1C0909605F 03) but probably a different code.

At first, I thought I would just copy the original eeprom data to a second hand module so I would bypass the programing but the EEPROM in these modules is embeded in the motorola chip, Mask 1L28M on the current module, and I don't have yet the tools or experience to access it.
    Would a chinese Carprog be able to read and copy the memory content to another module with the same reference ? Would it need soldering on the chip pins or can it be accessed by the connector?

------------------------------
    HACK DASH LIGHT ?
    ------------------------------
    Also, does anyone know how the signal to the airbag dash light is transmitted ? is it possible to get it on the 75 pin connector ? I could just make a hack so it lights on for a few seconds to pass the MOT while trying to fix the module issue.

Quite few questions, I know, as I said, I'm new to this and any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks !
    Last edited by matsdra; 28th August, 2023 at 07:52 PM. Reason: clarity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a chinese carprog and could read the eeprom from the defective unit and a second hand one I got from ebay.
    Turns out that the defective unit data would render the other unit useless until I cleaned the data and that it would work perfectly with clean dumps.
    Seems like some error codes cannot be cleaned by VCDS once they are in memory.

I guess the best would be to have the eeprom from factory before any coding is set.

Anyway, I got now 2 working units and for reference, I post here the clean eeprom dumps, both for Roomster before 2007.

1C0909605F 0Q1 coding 20785 Clean
    1C0909605F 0Q1 coding 20789 Clean