Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mazda CX-3 1.5D Problem More smoke and carbon

Hi I need help with this. My car was previously reprogrammed by a garage, I need help modifying my file to fix the following faults.
    My car now has dpf and egr off, it has no faults with obd. But a lot of carbon and black smoke is noticeable when accelerating with some forcefulness. Also, the thermostat temperature never reaches the average temperature (80 degrees) that in summer.
    In winter sometimes the car turns off the cold light of the car (around 40 degrees) and after a while it turns on again, it is very difficult to heat it up (the temperature goes back below 40 degrees).
    I don't know if it will be because the egr's are overridden. With obd I was looking at both egr (ab). EGR A opens 20% when cold and EGR B remains closed. In this situation the car produces quite visible black smoke. When the temp light goes off both egr's remain closed at all times. EGR A error mark (99%) and EGR B error mark (-100%). EGR B always remains closed at all times while driving. Another problem is that when the cold coolant warning light comes on, automatically the engine rpm increases to 850 rpm (normal rpm is 800 rpm).

I don't know what you think, if activating the egr would reduce the carbon and smoke. This I translated it with a translator, if there is something that is not understood, sorry. I leave the file of the car.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mazdacx3; 23rd September, 2023 at 08:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HI,
    Were you able to resolve the problem?
    I have the same problem as you, emptied the dpf and remapped dpf-off, egr-off, I compared your file with mine and there are many differences, mine makes a lot of smoke at idle and when you are at constant speed

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mazdacx3 View Post
    Hi I need help with this. My car was previously reprogrammed by a garage, I need help modifying my file to fix the following faults.
    My car now has dpf and egr off, it has no faults with obd. But a lot of carbon and black smoke is noticeable when accelerating with some forcefulness. Also, the thermostat temperature never reaches the average temperature (80 degrees) that in summer.
    In winter sometimes the car turns off the cold light of the car (around 40 degrees) and after a while it turns on again, it is very difficult to heat it up (the temperature goes back below 40 degrees).
    I don't know if it will be because the egr's are overridden. With obd I was looking at both egr (ab). EGR A opens 20% when cold and EGR B remains closed. In this situation the car produces quite visible black smoke. When the temp light goes off both egr's remain closed at all times. EGR A error mark (99%) and EGR B error mark (-100%). EGR B always remains closed at all times while driving. Another problem is that when the cold coolant warning light comes on, automatically the engine rpm increases to 850 rpm (normal rpm is 800 rpm).

I don't know what you think, if activating the egr would reduce the carbon and smoke. This I translated it with a translator, if there is something that is not understood, sorry. I leave the file of the car.
    Wrong DPF solution on Mazda Skyactive causes black smoke or injector noise.
    File Service Dpf Egr AdBlue Dtc Tva Swirl Kat Off and more

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

also with closed egr you will have much slower heat up of engine, operational egr will reduce smoke also and increase efficiency.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

this is not completely true, as if egr is located after egr cooler there is no point that closed egr will cause slow heat up, about increasing efficency too, as when egr is closed the burning is more efficient due to the fresh air.. at all the only benefit of it is for the environment
    No +rep and thanks = No password, If your PM Box is full, don`t wait for password!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys but is it possible to find a damos for these ecu? I have been experimenting for about 3 months now in reducing the smoke from this car. I wanted to intervene on the anti-smoking maps but I really can't find anything around. Unfortunately I don't have the Mazda driver in my old ECM. can you give me some clues on the endpoints to touch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I finally contracted an editing service. I first bought the original file of my car on that website (because I didn't have the original one and I wanted to see what the vehicle did with the original file) and then I ordered a service of smoke reduction, egr A and B cancelled, and egr dtc deleted (P049A and P049B, P213B). The website is called www.dyno-chiptuningfiles.com.
    Right now with that edition is the least smoke when accelerating and idling. By the way DPF is active in this final file that I installed and in theory it was emptied. But it works correctly and does not give failure. I don't understand why

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The thermostat is still not working properly and the exhaust pipe is getting much less dirty, but it is still getting dirty. But at least at idle it does not emit almost no black smoke and when accelerating hard it does not emit black smoke.