Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ford Transit 2011 93c76wp Mileage decode

Hi all, I don't want to leach off this amazing community and I have searched through many posts where people simply want mileage changed (which I do too) but I would like to know how it works so I can help others.

I de-soldered the chip from the board and soldered it onto the XTOOL Pro2 EEPROM reader and read out the Data to a file.

I looked at files people have posted and determined where the new Odometer data is written 4 times sequentially as per picture but I have not been able to figure out the format and how to calculate the Hex values for the desired Odometer reading.

Can someone please explain how the Hex data decodes to the odometer decimal data and is it stored in Miles or Kilometers?
    ODO Data storage.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An update on my original post:

I located a post on this forum with a link to: tachosoft mileage calculater v23.1 for free and used Ford Transit 2006 - 2007 (even though the vehicle is a 2011, this still worked) mileage decoder to calculate the Hex for my desired mileage then edited my original data file with the new Hex values placed as per my original post, 4 times sequentially.

Wrote the data back to the chip, de-soldered from XTOOL Pro2 board and soldered back onto the odometer board. Re assembled the dash, refit it to vehicle and all is as it should be. New Odometer reading successfully changed.

Note: The tachosoft mileage calculator used Kilometers so I converted my desired Miles to Kilometers before entering.

A few notes for XTOOL PRO2 users:
    The data file duplicates the data on reading the chip. I changed the data in both sets (in the same file). When it wrote the updated file to the chip, this did not cause any problems.

Practice your SMD soldering and have the right gear.

Link to post containing tachosoft details https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum...v23-1-for-free
    Last edited by Transittogo; 27th October, 2023 at 06:35 AM.