Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Simos PCR 2.1 Edit VIN MANUALLY

Hi everyone!

I need to replace the VIN of a Simos PCR 2.1. If I open the EEPROM dump, I can see the VIN number in hexadecimal in three places. The idea is to replace that three VIN by the new VIN, of course in hexadecimal. The questions are:

- That's all?
    - Are there any bytes in the file that depend on the VIN combined with some immo data or something like that?
    - Any CRC checksum? As far as I have found, this is only necessary when modifying the mileage.
    - Has anyone tried this and been successful?

Thank you very much in advance!!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts

What are you trying to do?

VIN is covered by checksums and immodata is a bit more than just VIN.
    VAG immo solutions (clone, immo off) MEDC17, SIMOS, BCM2 (eeprom fix), ELV (P160A fix), INVCON.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a newby and I want to test chiptuning on my car with a second hand ECUs, without any modification or touching the stock ECU, dashboard... And for that reason I need to change the VIN on the second hand ECU in order to avoid to loose the ABS coding or whatever. I have VCDS and I seen calculators for generate ABS coding given ECU VIN, brake sizes... But I prefer to avoid that. I'm going to learn more about that later.
    I installed Julie with success, decrypting immo data with VAG DUMP TOOL only by eeprom. The blue LED blinking code of Julie shows success. I changed the mileage of the second hand ECU + CRC with VAG DUMP TOOL. Now it's have the same mileage of the dashboard. The HW, SW, Powerclass, engine code CAYC and SW version number all are the same of the stock ECU. And also I've done a backup with VCDS of the coding and adaptations of the stock ECU. I will copy it on the second hand ECU.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    320 Posts

Hello friend.It's an old time machine, though.But it is not simple in many matters.You can just save the abs encodings.And return them at any time.The wine code does not give you anything.You will have only one problem immo the data that is tied to the stone of the new block.You will pass the tests well if you continue to use the emulator or the immo-off option.Otherwise, you need to recalculate immo data for a new block
    thank you if I helpedgratitude motivates me to help further

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts

If you want to have spare ECU for tuning then either immo off (which can be done without external devices like julie) or full ecu clone.
    VAG immo solutions (clone, immo off) MEDC17, SIMOS, BCM2 (eeprom fix), ELV (P160A fix), INVCON.