How to program Peugeot 206 Remote Key? - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I have pmed you explaining how I done it mate! It's easy as.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi guys

i have a slightly similar problem.

i actually have two keys for my multiplexed 206 (one with remote locking, one without remote locking).
    i'm trying to make the second key work with remote locking using second hand fobs.
    i have the blade and chip programmed already so i can access via the door locks and start the engine, my problem is i cannot get a used remote locking board to sync with my cars remote locking.

i've followed many procedures and cannot get it going.

any tips on how to identify what chip i need for RCL? my original has the markings 73373067C - i have another board with the same number and one with 73373067B which i can't get to sync either.

is it even possible to sync a used RCL board to a new car?

also, i tried to match a used transponder chip with PP2000 and it was rejected, so it looks like a new chip is needed but using that link above they are very cheap.

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My findings!
    Well new transponders programed fine using the Peugeot Planet system, old used ones no chance!
    once the transponders were mated the Planet system then said remote keys can be syncronised at any time WITHOUT the use of diagnostic equipment, it then goes on to explain put key in ignition and turn ignition on, within 10 seconds hold the LOCK button for 10 seconds, release and turn ignition off and remove key, wait 30 seconds then press lock unlock and it should work...

well i tried this with 2 second hand remotes and no joy! so all i can think of is similar to the im*obiliser programming where a new blank transponder is used i guess it needs a new unprogrammed remote bought new from peugeot! in my case it is part number 6554 YV at ?52.79 and when syncronising the ecu programs it to work, as i said like having to use blank im*obiliser chips!

Looks like i am going to have to get a remote from the dealer or cheaper ones from hickleys as they seem to be the cheapest
    hope this makes sense
    Cheers
    Andrew
    Last edited by andrew96; 11th April, 2010 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seeyoujimmy View Post
    hi guys

i have a slightly similar problem.

i actually have two keys for my multiplexed 206 (one with remote locking, one without remote locking).
    i'm trying to make the second key work with remote locking using second hand fobs.
    i have the blade and chip programmed already so i can access via the door locks and start the engine, my problem is i cannot get a used remote locking board to sync with my cars remote locking.

i've followed many procedures and cannot get it going.

any tips on how to identify what chip i need for RCL? my original has the markings 73373067C - i have another board with the same number and one with 73373067B which i can't get to sync either.

is it even possible to sync a used RCL board to a new car?

also, i tried to match a used transponder chip with PP2000 and it was rejected, so it looks like a new chip is needed but using that link above they are very cheap.

thanks

Hi
    I have tried with second hand remotes (2) and none will sync, i am thinking they need to be virgin ones and then the ecu programs them when doing the sync thing, see my post above!
    cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi

i pretty much came to that conclusion a couple of months when i tried this initially - i'm no longer wasting any more money on used fobs!

it seems you can get one cheaper than the dealer here Hickleys :: Keys and Remotes for Peugeot Vehicles

can you do me a favour, if you order one and get the RCL working can you post back/PM me to confirm?

it's not essential i get RCL for the spare key but i have ftted a pug alarm and it is de-armed using RCL so ideally i need a good spare.

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seeyoujimmy View Post
    hi

i pretty much came to that conclusion a couple of months when i tried this initially - i'm no longer wasting any more money on used fobs!

it seems you can get one cheaper than the dealer here Hickleys :: Keys and Remotes for Peugeot Vehicles

can you do me a favour, if you order one and get the RCL working can you post back/PM me to confirm?

it's not essential i get RCL for the spare key but i have ftted a pug alarm and it is de-armed using RCL so ideally i need a good spare.

thanks
    I agree handy to have RCL and mine just had the normal key as the remote one had been lost by the previous owner

I too am not buying any more second hand keys!

I will order one from hickleys as with postage vat it does work out ?10 cheaper at ?41.22, thats the cheapest so far!
    will of course let you know how i get on as it seems there are quite a few people that want to know and no one has the answers.
    cheers
    Andrew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks mate.

well, if the virgin RCL fob works straight off using the syncing procedure then i think we've come to a fairly solid conclusion!

cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have the same problem!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zorantod View Post
    I have the same problem!!!!!
    what problem do you have?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

2 brand new remote keyfobs obtained, and still am unable to get them to work on the car, this is so fustrating, how on earth do you get new remote keyfobs to work? anyone know rocket science? i am sure thats simpler!

Hickleys the remote supliers can't help as i didnt buy programming equipment off of them (even though peugeot planet quite clearly states no diagnostic equipment is required to program the remote controls) , all they can do is confirm i bought the right ones!

peugeot planet screen says...

Synchronise the high frequency remote controls.
    procedure :

1) Switch off the ignition.
    2) wait one minute without pressing the buttons of any remote control.
    3) insert a key in the steering lock, turn it to ignition positive (ING+).
    4) within ten seconds press the locking button for 10 seconds.
    5) switch off the ignition and take out the key.
    6) repeat the procedure with the other keys from point Number 3, otherwise move on to point number 7.
    7) wait 30 seconds, the remote controls are active.

this procedure can be used at any time and without using diagnostic equipment.

WARNING pressing one of the buttons of a remote control while it is desyncronised results in the switching of the built-in
    systems interface to antiscanning mode for one minute
    Resynchronisation is prohibited during this phase
    Last edited by andrew96; 15th April, 2010 at 05:56 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to andrew96 For This Useful Post:

mexanico1971 (9th March, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andrew96 View Post
    2 brand new remote keyfobs obtained, and still am unable to get them to work on the car, this is so fustrating, how on earth do you get new remote keyfobs to work? anyone know rocket science? i am sure thats simpler!

Hickleys the remote supliers can't help as i didnt buy programming equipment off of them (even though peugeot planet quite clearly states no diagnostic equipment is required to program the remote controls) , all they can do is confirm i bought the right ones!

peugeot planet screen says...

Synchronise the high frequency remote controls.
    procedure :

1) Switch off the ignition.
    2) wait one minute without pressing the buttons of any remote control.
    3) insert a key in the steering lock, turn it to ignition positive (ING+).
    4) within ten seconds press the locking button for 10 seconds.
    5) switch off the ignition and take out the key.
    6) repeat the procedure with the other keys from point Number 3, otherwise move on to point number 7.
    7) wait 30 seconds, the remote controls are active.

this procedure can be used at any time and without using diagnostic equipment.

WARNING pressing one of the buttons of a remote control while it is desyncronised results in the switching of the built-in
    systems interface to antiscanning mode for one minute
    Resynchronisation is prohibited during this phase

the keys have to be programmed to the car before it will accept the remote.
    7.31sec@203.3mph

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by busaman View Post
    the keys have to be programmed to the car before it will accept the remote.
    yep, immobiliser chips are programmed first, then at the end the description of how to syncronise the remote part comes up, but it still will not work even with the immobiliser chips programed and able to start the car

cheers
    Andrew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

S U C E S S ! ! ! !

I was using standard im*obiliser chips i programmed the other day to the car before the remote fobs arrived. when the new remotes arrived i changed the im*obiliser chips for the ones i had already programmed and then using peugeot planet programmed them back to the car and the remotes would not syncronise.

Tonight i looked at the new (unpaired) im*obliser chips that came in the remote keys... and SUPRISE they contained different data to the normal (unpaired) chip with no remote!

so i then put the new im*obiliser chip that came with the remote fob back into the remote fob, used planet to pair (and lock) the im*obiliser chip to the car, then right after did the remote pairing sequence, waited 30 seconds and pressed the lock key! IT WORKED!!!! i now have a remote key paired!

boy i am happy! taken all day but it works!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andrew96 For This Useful Post:

art64 (13th October, 2019), mexanico1971 (9th March, 2020), Msmax (19th July, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

SUMMERY

second hand remote key with second hand immobiliser chip..... NO

secondhand remote with new immobiliser chip..... will only work if the immobiliser chip is pre programmed for remote key, a standard key one or a new one wont tell the ECU there is a remote and therefore wont work!

NEW REMOTE WITH NEW IMMOBILISER CHIP INSTALLED NEW OUT OF THE PACKET.... this works! first it has to have immobiliser chip programmed to car using diagnostic equipment, then the syncronising bit using the ignition on and pressing the lock button works!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to andrew96 For This Useful Post:

Msmax (19th July, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Well done Andrew! just need to sort mine out now some how!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast