Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by andrew96 View Post
    if you want to pm me with your vin number i can tell you which remote key you need as there are different versions of them too!

cheers
    [/QUOTE]

My VIN is VF38C4HXF81368854.

Can you tell me which remote key I need?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soulconnect View Post
    Andrew

I am about to order from hickley's but which one do I order for my car and whats the difference between them both (HVRM69 & HVRM70)?

Vin is VF32DNFUR42857190

Hi sorry for delay, i will find out for you which one it is, the difference is the code they emmit i believe.

bear with me will find out which one within 24 hours
    cheers
    Andrew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Can you tell me which remote key I need?[/QUOTE]

yep will do, will find out within 24 hours, sorry for the delay as i have not been following the thread for a while

cheers
    Andrew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fakemail1uk View Post
    Hi Andrew,

I am in a similar position to Jimmy in that my 206 has one RCL key and one standard key, and both are fully functional with the car immobilizer. By reading through your findings I think the following procedure should work, but can you have a look to see if you think this will work?

Firstly I will buy a 2nd had RCL key from ebay and discard the ID46 chip from it. I will temporarily transfer the ID46 chip from my working remote key and place into the ebay key and use this combination to program the RCL on the ebay key. Now I will put the ID46 from this ebay key back into the original remote key.

Thus far I have my two original keys (one remote version and one plain version), and an ebay key with a correctly programmed remote but no ID46. So now I can transplant the ID46 from my plain key and put into the ebay key.

The ebay key now has a valid remote, but the transponder that is inside it is one without the RCL coding. Do you think this key will be OK in normal use without causing any issues when trying to start the car? I would imagine the car would just think it has been started with a non-remote key but would this cause any problems?
    hi
    i think i see what you are doing, you are trying to assioate 2 remotes with one id46 chip, but the problem here is only 1 id46 chip, when you get the car to recognise the id46 chip, it knows only one remote is assioated with it, so therefore the FIRST remote you syncronise with the car after will be the only one it knows, the second remote then wont be recognised on the syncronising procedure, so you still will have only 1 remote key and another remote key that wont syncronise and therefore wont work, you can of course put the NON REMOTE id46 chip into the second remote and the car will then start using that, but that id46 chip will NOT have a remote assioated with it in its programming and therefore will not remote control the car

hope that makes sense!
    cheers
    Andrew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Can you tell me which remote key I need?

Hi, yours from the VIN is peugeot part number 6554RA

Price in the UK from a peugeot dealer is ?43.73, plus VAT it is ?51.38

From Hickleys it is HVRM79 and is priced at ?48.97 + VAT

so for you its looking like a dealer price is the cheapest!
    hope this helps

Andrew
    Last edited by andrew96; 23rd August, 2010 at 12:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soulconnect View Post
    Andrew

I am about to order from hickley's but which one do I order for my car and whats the difference between them both (HVRM69 & HVRM70)?

Vin is VF32DNFUR42857190
    Hi, yours from the VIN is peugeot part number 6554YR (same as mine was)

Price in the UK from a peugeot dealer is ?53.78, plus VAT it is ?63.19

From Hickleys it is HVRM70 and is priced at ?62.00 + VAT

so for you its looking like a dealer price is the cheapest!
    hope this helps

dont know why hickleys prices have risen sooooo much!

The difference between the HVRM69 and HVRM70 is if your car has foglights or not, without fogs its the HVRM69 one and emits a different code to the HVRM70 which is the later remote for cars with foglights, seems the foglights fitted was also the same time the remotes changed, outside physically the 2 remotes are the same, its the electronics that differ and hence getting the right one for the car.

cheers
    Andrew
    Last edited by andrew96; 23rd August, 2010 at 12:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Talking

i seem to have taken over with all my posts!

If anyone wants any more checking done fron the VIN then PLEASE send me a private message as well as then i get a email telling me, otherwise i do tend to forget to check back here as mine is now all sorted but i will still help others if i know about it

cheers
    Andrew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

S U C E S S ! ! ! !

I was using standard im*obiliser chips i programmed the other day to the car before the remote fobs arrived. when the new remotes arrived i changed the im*obiliser chips for the ones i had already programmed and then using peugeot planet programmed them back to the car and the remotes would not syncronise.

Tonight i looked at the new (unpaired) im*obliser chips that came in the remote keys... and SUPRISE they contained different data to the normal (unpaired) chip with no remote!

so i then put the new im*obiliser chip that came with the remote fob back into the remote fob, used planet to pair (and lock) the im*obiliser chip to the car, then right after did the remote pairing sequence, waited 30 seconds and pressed the lock key! IT WORKED!!!! i now have a remote key paired!

boy i am happy! taken all day but it works!
    Bought 2 remote fobs with 2 im*obilizer and 2 remote chips from the dealer and did like you said with PP2000 and it WORKS. Thank you very much. Now I havw 2 remote keys, 1 for me and 1 for my wife.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi
    i think i see what you are doing, you are trying to assioate 2 remotes with one id46 chip, but the problem here is only 1 id46 chip, when you get the car to recognise the id46 chip, it knows only one remote is assioated with it, so therefore the FIRST remote you syncronise with the car after will be the only one it knows, the second remote then wont be recognised on the syncronising procedure, so you still will have only 1 remote key and another remote key that wont syncronise and therefore wont work, you can of course put the NON REMOTE id46 chip into the second remote and the car will then start using that, but that id46 chip will NOT have a remote assioated with it in its programming and therefore will not remote control the car

hope that makes sense!
    cheers
    Andrew
    Yes Andrew I think I see what you mean. Each ID46 chip has a unique code and each remote transmitter I presume also has some form of unique code. The car's ECU must know which combination of remote and ID46 code are paired together, so only one ID46 can be registered to one remote code. Ahh well I guess my only option is to get a new remote version ID46 programmed to the car :-(

So guess what my next question is.. anyone in Bham have a PPS2000? !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I learn used key for my peugeot 406 with no problem.(1 button key fob)
    Bought second hand key with transponder and remote(radio).
    First try - was only to learn remote for my car, but no success.
    Then i try to learn used transponder+remote and it works fine!
    So its really remote and ID46 transponder are paired together.
    I hope this information will be useful to someone who has no remote for his peugeot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

>So its really remote and ID46 transponder are paired together

So please can anybody confirm, that it is not possible to sync a used ID46 transponder key with a different Citroen/Peugeot car??

Checked it. The used transponder cannot be activated via Lexia.
    Last edited by zorok999; 5th March, 2011 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've just been caught out by this, my 307 had a broken button on the remote circuit board and both buttons missing from the case so bought a second hand key, swapped my blade and transponder over then spent 3 days trying to pair the remote!!

In the end I swapped a button on to the old circuit board and put it in the new case, now working fine.

Is the motorola chip in on the remote something that you could read/write? Maybe if you could get a virgin file for it you could virginise the remote and reprogram it with a new transponder, would make it a cheaper job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi
    does any one has some referrence about the motorola chip

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I searched for any datasheet about this Motorola chip but didn't find anything. I concluded that this is waste of time because, first, it's probably one time programmable chip and second if i buy new blank chip i have to prepare blank chip with some special Motorola programmer which is not cheap.
    So cheaper is to buy aftermarket remote like this from Voraus. If you take more pieces you can get better price, maybe better then 40USD per piece and at the end have new remote. They have more types, RK1,2,3,4.
    Peugeot 307 2 Button Remote Key - Buy Peugeot Remote,Peugeot Smart Key,Auto Remote Key Product on Alibaba.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

This chip (510164/75078020) is not OTP, it is flash. Programmer is cheap. Problem is that you must have some HEX to load in it ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast