Register
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How to program Peugeot 206 Remote Key?

Hi can anyone tell me how I can reprograme a remote key for my Peugeot 206 2004.
    The car only come with 1 key which does not have the buttons on for the remote locking. I have another key which I want to programe to the car so it will work the remote locking from the key fob.

It is a good spec car which has remote locking and the last owner said that the remote key got damaged!

I have a Launch X431 and a mvp key machine will these do the remote fuctions if I get the transponder code? Or will they only programe the key for starting the car? If not I take I would need something like peugeot planet is this correct?

Pete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi
    i have exactly the same , jist 1 spare key and no remote one.
    what i have found so far is the transponder chip is ID46, and the remote transmitter from peugeot (6554 YV) seems not to have any numbers needed (like VIN) when ordering, so i figured as long as i can find the same remote with a ID46 chip in it can then be programed to the car by the peugeot planet system. I now have the right type second hand transmitter with the ID46 chip in.
    So i am too wondering if i am correct and this will work. I have peugeot planet ariving soon and now have the code to get into the car with it so am hoping this will all work, am i correct with my thinking?
    cheers
    Andrew

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andrew96 View Post
    Hi
    i have exactly the same , jist 1 spare key and no remote one.
    what i have found so far is the transponder chip is ID46, and the remote transmitter from peugeot (6554 YV) seems not to have any numbers needed (like VIN) when ordering, so i figured as long as i can find the same remote with a ID46 chip in it can then be programed to the car by the peugeot planet system. I now have the right type second hand transmitter with the ID46 chip in.
    So i am too wondering if i am correct and this will work. I have peugeot planet ariving soon and now have the code to get into the car with it so am hoping this will all work, am i correct with my thinking?
    cheers
    Andrew
    well guys Iam not sure that original remote have transponder chip inside..I think there is coil and chip inside..If you can check somehow that actualy transpo is inside then you find some original remote and folow the procedure for syncronization this remote with car..procedure is isrealy simple you can find it in any carrelated sw.like autodata/esi/tolerance..stuff like this..here it is (if you dont have sw) :

1 switch ignition ON
    2 press and HOLD lock buton for 10 sec.on remote
    3switch ignition OFF
    4remove key from ignition
    5 wait 5 sec
    check operation of youre new remote

this proc. works perfect tested so many times when originaly remote lost code or synchronization..I am not sure in youre cases but somebody have to try it...

regards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If the ID46 chip is been used you cant program it to other car.
    You need brand new chip.
    Second hand key with ID46 chips cant be reused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carclima View Post
    well guys Iam not sure that original remote have transponder chip inside..I think there is coil and chip inside..If you can check somehow that actualy transpo is inside then you find some original remote and folow the procedure for syncronization this remote with car..procedure is isrealy simple you can find it in any carrelated sw.like autodata/esi/tolerance..stuff like this..here it is (if you dont have sw) :

1 switch ignition ON
    2 press and HOLD lock buton for 10 sec.on remote
    3switch ignition OFF
    4remove key from ignition
    5 wait 5 sec
    check operation of youre new remote

this proc. works perfect tested so many times when originaly remote lost code or synchronization..I am not sure in youre cases but somebody have to try it...

regards!

Hi carclima
    as far as i am aware, as you say this is just to sync a key to the car that used to work with the car, it doesnt work if the key is 'new' to the car. i did try it just in case and it didnt work with a second hand key!
    many thanks for the reply
    Andrew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the same problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allstar View Post
    If the ID46 chip is been used you cant program it to other car.
    You need brand new chip.
    Second hand key with ID46 chips cant be reused.
    AHHH cheers, so basicly a new id46 blank transponder is needed and when you use peugeot planet to program a key what it does is write a new code TO the transponder chip?

This i did not know, i am new to this and just getting started!

How many transponders can the system program? i read somewhere it is max of 5, does anyone know if this is right?

what about the remote locking control? this appears ok to be paired with the car with peugeot Planet? does the car 'remember' the remote when peugeot planet accesses it?
    Can more than one remote locking remote be remembered?

Many thanks for such prompt replys
    Andrew

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

nope you didtn understand corectly..for all this sync proc.it is important that you use key what actualy CAN start the car..not some unautorized key..myne idea was to use youre original chip inside some used one remote ??of course you CANT synchronize remote with wrong key..so try it in this way,this sound workable to me dont you think so?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi Carclima
    yes i see what you are saying, i have got the good transponder chip from the working key and placed it in the remote key, then tried your method, but sadly no luck it didnt work.
    was worth a try and thankyou for posting
    regards
    Andrew

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Hi I need to do this also I have tried the resync but it does not work.
    As I see it you buy a new uncut Peugeot key that has an ID46 transponder inside or get the remote type key then insert a new ID46 transponder and get it cut. And get the transponder code from one of the helpful members on here then programme it to the car with MVP or t300 or whatever programmer you have.

But what I think we all want to know is Peugeot Planet capable of programming in the remotes to the car or not? I don't know as I don't have it to test.
    Galee

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Hi Andrew has your Peugeot Planet turned up yet? any update on this info would be a great help.
    Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Galee View Post
    Hi Andrew has your Peugeot Planet turned up yet? any update on this info would be a great help.
    Cheers

Hi it turned up yesterday! have not had the time yet to load it on a pc and play! hopefully i might get time over the weekend!

I think the same, new transponder in a cut key should work! once i have it up and running i will post the results. this is all new to me so learning as i go!

cheers
    Andrew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi I need to do this also I have tried the resync but it does not work.
    As I see it you buy a new uncut Peugeot key that has an ID46 transponder inside or get the remote type key then insert a new ID46 transponder and get it cut. And get the transponder code from one of the helpful members on here then programme it to the car with MVP or t300 or whatever programmer you have.

But what I think we all want to know is Peugeot Planet capable of programming in the remotes to the car or not? I don't know as I don't have it to test.
    Galee
    ps if your in the UK you can get new blank ID46 transponders at ?3.50 from hickleys , so hopefully these can be mated as well
    Hickleys :: The Zed-Bull Transponder Machine - Special Transponders

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Thanks for the link but Yep already got them and programmed working no probs just the remote key part to sort now! Let us know hoe you get on mate
    Galee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks for the link but Yep already got them and programmed working no probs just the remote key part to sort now! Let us know hoe you get on mate
    Galee
    Did you have to do anything to the blank transponders ? or was just accessing the car and getting the car to pair to them?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast