Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2013 A3 what went wrong?

vehicle: audi a3 2013 no prox

situation: AKL customer purchased vehicle from auction with no keys. customer ordered flip key from dealer.

What was done:
    Using vvdi prog with clip, i read 24c32 eeprom on cluster -> use vvdi2 to create service file -> write to 24c32 -> reinstall in car and load original eeprom -> read immo data -> prepare dealer key -> add key using vvdi2 -> read immo again to verify chip learned -> reset cluster. car does not start and have "1/8" on cluster where km/miles are.

I don't have access to vehicle any more. Just curious what happened or what i did wrong?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteem View Post
    vehicle: audi a3 2013 no prox

situation: AKL customer purchased vehicle from auction with no keys. customer ordered flip key from dealer.

What was done:
    Using vvdi prog with clip, i read 24c32 eeprom on cluster -> use vvdi2 to create service file -> write to 24c32 -> reinstall in car and load original eeprom -> read immo data -> prepare dealer key -> add key using vvdi2 -> read immo again to verify chip learned -> reset cluster. car does not start and have "1/8" on cluster where km/miles are.

I don't have access to vehicle any more. Just curious what happened or what i did wrong?

1-8 on the dashboard means you've selected 8 keys to register and the dashboard is waiting for further keys. Did you type the wrong number in the number of keys required field? Regardless you can always go back and open a native key learn with VCDS or similar as you have the PIN from the immo data read.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spiritech For This Useful Post:

Frosteem (20th February, 2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

yep... you didn't program all the keys. Or you selected more keys to program, but you only did one key. It thinks it isn't finished programming and waiting for you to program the other 7 keys.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CasMo For This Useful Post:

Frosteem (20th February, 2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you that makes sense.