help and advice needed for xbox360
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Default help and advice needed for xbox360

i have an xbox360 2006 model. the optical drive is flashed with iextreme 1.6 firmware. i have been having problems recently with rrod 3 lights. the motherboard is xclamped and has been reflown in the past. i was wondering if it could be possible to buy a new xbox360 basic model and transfer the optical drives over. the optical drive i have is a toshiba samsung model ts- h943. manufactured in september 2006. thanx in advance.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The optical drives are tired to the board , It can be done but you will have to get the key from the new drive and spoof it to the old .

It would be easier to just flash the new one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karlpowell View Post
    The optical drives are tired to the board , It can be done but you will have to get the key from the new drive and spoof it to the old .

It would be easier to just flash the new one.
    ok what kind of drive would be in a new xbox core system would that be the ben q drive, and would i need any special tools etc to do this although i know i would need jungle flasher.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

a new one will most likely have a lite-on 8 series v2 or a 9 series,
    hacking those involves cuting tracks and soldering, quite a hard job if you never soldered before,
    you might get lucky with a 8series v1 but its doubtful. either way make sure you spoof the new key to an old drive (make sure it works) before erasing the new drive.