Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default BMW F30 enhanced bluetooth coding using combox Telematik and HU ENTRY

Hi!
    I have a 2013 BMW F30 that I am trying to retrofit with enhanced bluetooth. The car is currently equipped with HU ENTRY (DAB) unit (part number 9335350) and only has the 6NH option code coded. I got my hands on a Combox Telematik (part number 9257151) and installed it. In Esys it is showing up as CMB_ECALL. Suspiciously I am not seeing CMB_MEDIA in there.

So using many guides I tried changing the 6NH to 6NK in FA and coding the HU_ENTRY. But no matter what I do the head unit just refuses to be coded. I just get an error during coding. After an unsuccessful coding the HU restarts and the phone menu disappears (as does DAB radio). I can code back 6NH without any issues, and this returns the phone and DAB options.

Since 6NK didn't work I also tried coding the 6NS and 6NL - both with the same result. Headunit refuses to be coded. I can code the combox just fine using any of these options. So I am not sure if I am missing something, or do I need the Combox Multimedia for this to work (part number 9257150). I assumed that the Telematik one is just an enhanced version offering telematic features, while the multimedia one comes without them. At least this is what is suggested by the documentation.

For example this person did pretty much the same stuff with what looks to be similar hardware. He had 6AC and 6AE options there before. Otherwise all of his 6XX options match mine. But even adding 6AC, 6AE and changing 6NH to 6NL just doesn't make my HU happy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbO4yWIFXoA

Any ideas?

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

What error do you get when coding?