Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vageric View Post
    why not go to your local locksmit and let them cut the key for you?
    Because none of the local locksmiths sell this kind of blade, and I've contacted many already, even those outside my area. I am talking about the flip blade the connects to the original fob:

toy48_1.jpg
    Last edited by mibaup; 29th March, 2024 at 10:08 AM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,281 Posts

you have ordered blades , take them to your local locksmith and ask them to cut them for you , though you said you had ordered pre cut blades already

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

mibaup (29th March, 2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I haven't ordered blades. The photo I uploaded in the previous comment is just a photo I found online.
    However, the only seller that ships to me is an eBay seller that also cuts to given code, and as you told me earlier, I may upload a clear photo so maybe someone here can tell the code

The eBay seller can also get the code from a picture, but if someone here will also say, it will be a confirmation that the eBay seller is right

So I didn't order the pre-cut blades yet, I waited for the fob first to see if it is even working

If I could find blank blades I would have taken it to a local locksmith

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,281 Posts

you said you had ordered blank blades from china in an earlier post, obviously changed your mind .

order the precut key from the ebay seller , if wrong its not as if its alot of money .

have a go at reading it yourself , theres 2 tracks on the key with bow to left and tip to right , track A on top and track B on bottom , theres just 5 cuts on each track , each cut only has 3 possibilities of key height in each position
    highest cut is a 5 , next highest is a 3 and the deepest is a 1 , have a go and post what you think it is
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 29th March, 2024 at 01:12 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

mibaup (29th March, 2024), wuza (14th April, 2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Oh but I cancelled those blade from AliExpress after I was told here they're not the ones. Even though I said I'd give it a try I eventually listened to you

Ok I will try - you said track A on top and B on bottom - you flipped the image?

Also, regarding the right side - it seem to have 7 cuts, because it may not be noticeable, but the top right part is very low (If I understood correctly what a cut means):

Also: the code seem to also contain 9's and 7's, but you said it's only up to 5?
    Last edited by mibaup; 30th March, 2024 at 04:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

If i was the seller on ebay, and knowed this treath, i would deny it and suggest to buy your own cutting machine.
    Just pay serious money for a good locksmith who could do this total job
    for you with his own products. Not you'r aliexpress and ebay 'shit', within 30 minutes.. 30 minutes
    because he learned and practice for years, Did research, discussed it with colleages and
    managed to make a living out of it. And there ARE organisations like MLA who have a record of a lot of locksmiths in the UK.
    those listed get tested by there skills and knoledge every year..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bero For This Useful Post:

Manta1600 (30th March, 2024)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,281 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mibaup View Post
    Oh but I cancelled those blade from AliExpress after I was told here they're not the ones. Even though I said I'd give it a try I eventually listened to you

Ok I will try - you said track A on top and B on bottom - you flipped the image?

Also, regarding the right side - it seem to have 7 cuts, because it may not be noticeable, but the top right part is very low (If I understood correctly what a cut means):

Attachment 1019079

Also: the code seem to also contain 9's and 7's, but you said it's only up to 5?
    your confusing key code with key cuts , the code is a code that relates to the cuts but is not the cuts , some codes for some keys are direct cuts so the code is the cuts , others are a reference number allocated to a cut sequence , the toy 48 key uses code series 40000 to 49999 , so there are 9999 different codes , each code being a different series of 10 key cuts , 5 on each track .

when site reading by eye or by machine you are not interested in the key code , you are interested in the key cuts only , in this case as stated the key with bow to left and tip to right , track A is the top track , track B is the bottom track , 5 cuts on each track , so 5 on top 5 on bottom , each key cut only has 3 possible key heights , numbered 5,3 and 1 , 5 being the highest cut and 1 being the deepest cut . once you have the correct cuts for track A and track B you can use a program like instacode , their find bitting function , you enter your cuts into the program and the program will tell you the key code in the 40000 to 49999 range , if all you had was the key code then you can enter the key code into the program and the program will tell you the correct key cuts for that code. just another skill a locksmith must learn and master and another expensive investment they must make to do their job.

The right side has 5 cuts , the left side also has 5 cuts , count the 5 cuts back from the tip , you will then see where the 5 cuts start . the right side is track A the left side is track B.

maybe pay the local auto locksmith to put your key on his cut to code machine and decode it , his machine will give you the key cuts , he may even have invested in a program that decodes the key by photo , pay him to do this for you and help him recoup his investment. you can then order your key cut to code from your ebay seller and remove the chance of mistakes.

you could also contact the main dealer or one of the many code brokers on the internet who sell the key codes , give them your 17 digit vin number , pay their fee and they will email you the key code for your car .

As has been said , a competent auto locksmith will have invested in the necessary equipment and software , they will have the ability and the kit to do the job , i sent you the email of a good auto locksmith with the skill and the equipment to do the job who is based in israel and like any competent auto locksmith he would have the job done in minutes not in weeks or months, im sure most auto locksmiths could also order the key code for you for a fee .
    although not the cheapest option , using a professional to do the job is the way to go , cheapest route is never the best route.

you have joined a forum and hoped the locksmiths would just tell you the detail at no cost so you can bypass the locksmiths and do it yourself to save some money , i know israel is not the easiest place to get stock and not all locksmiths are good , but i posted the email of a good locksmith in israel who i know has the right equipment and skill and who could have done the job for you long ago very quickly , but you would have had to pay which i guess is not the desired outcome, but his skills , knowledge and equipment were not free to him , so theres a cost involved.
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 30th March, 2024 at 12:08 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

wuza (14th April, 2024)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

yes call locksmith
    Solidarity with Ukraine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The main dealer here of Citroen won't give me the code, even if I pay them, they immediately told me "sorry we don't give key codes".
    Ok yes you're right about the code - it's exactly this. Regarding the locksmith you gave me an email - he is physically far away from me so I can't go to him

I will just hope the eBay locksmith have this program as well, because I asked him about the code now, he actually gave me the 4xxxx code so I assume he invested in a proper equipment as you said, and also it's not that much money so I'll just wait

PS I don't pass any locksmith to at "no cost" because eventually a locksmith needs to give me the blade and be paid - either the one from eBay or a local. But the locals here lack resources, or, very far from me so might as well just use the eBay one as I think he's more reliable than the local ones, judging by how they were answering my question about a simple blade.

It wasn't my idea to post a picture of my blade - you guys suggested this, so it was only to confirm that the other locksmith is correct or not

The reason I do it is because I want an original key fob, not an aftermarket one and not paying 200+ euros. So I did save some money, but at no cost? no. And payment was given to 2 locksmiths already (One for programming the transponder, and second to cut the blade, not sure why some people here keep telling me to "go to a locksmith" even though I said many times I did it already, although I can understand why they keep saying that)
    Last edited by mibaup; 30th March, 2024 at 09:19 AM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,281 Posts

he will have instacode , so he will have read the photo of your key and then inputted the cuts into instacode which would give him the code .

had you googled peugeot pin codes on google or facebook you would have come up with plenty of code brokers who would sell you the key code for between $25 and $50 usd , im sure your local auto locksmiths would have happily charged you less than this to put your key on their cut to code machine and read the code this way for you.

Aftermarket keys work well , if the local auto locksmith can read your key and cut an aftermarket blade then they can certainly read the key to get the cuts and code for you even if badly resourced. many locksmiths would not do this as they consider your approach rude , they liken it to you taking a frozen burger and bun into macdonalds and ask them to cook it for you to save a few pennies.

theres no need to continue this thread now as i suspect you will be sorted by doing what you should have done weeks ago and had someone cut and post the key to you rather than distrust the online key cutter due to concern at the cost of a bad blade .

with so many not wanting to pay for an oem key , not wanting to use a locksmith service to save money , lets hope your locksmiths are still in business when you really need them .

theres many here that could read your key and give you the code , but why should they , you was told to post the picture and someone may help you , it turns out no one wanted to , thats life. you asked questions and you got alot of answer including use a locksmith , buy code from a code broker online , use the online key cutter you found , you was saved from wasting money on chinese blades , you took none of the advice given this along with the distrust of the the online key cutter and trying to test him , all i can only assume to save a few dollars more.

you have your remote in a while you will have the blade , so thread is now irrelivent , enjoy your key and pat yourself on the back for saving a little money and pray you never lose all keys for this car , good luck and farewell .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 30th March, 2024 at 10:10 AM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,281 Posts

A job today reminded me of this thread . a job 3 days ago i quoted on for toyota aygo , remote key wont turn in ignition , spare works fine , so blade issue . customer decided to try dealer first , dealer wanted to charge £144 plus tax to put it on diagnostics even though no diagnostics needed for a blade , then a fortune for a new key as only solution.
    she then tried a key cutter who said blade is fine she needs someone to reprogram it .

so she came back to me today , 10 minutes job done , new oem flip blade cut and fitted to her remote , all working fine , no diagnostics , no new key , no reprogramming required , im amazed these services get away with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12