Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is this "Pro"-Stage 1 garbage??? EDC17-VAG

Hello everyone!

I am kinda at the end of my learning phase for tuning mostly Diesel ECU's. I came across this tuned file wich had a ori. file, a mappack, and a Stage 1 tuned file. (Attatched below). its a Audi A4 2008: 143 bhp and 320 Nm max torque.
    The file comes from another forum wich i wont mention here because its not important.
    Whats important is that i have big doubts for this tuned file. I dont think this tune (from a popular tuner!!) is right.....But thats why i am here and asking you the following:

- Is this STAGE 1 Tuning any good?

Main Points (what i have reconized by overlooking the tuned file in comperison with the original file):

- Why do he increased such a big area of the rail pressure?, its not needed here right. Extending the IQ on the x axis and extrapolationg the numbers in the last collum would be enough right?
    - Ok, he increased the rail pressure, but why do he dosen't increased the Duration? More Fuel pressure efffects on the duration time in microseconds....
    - The axis on the Nm to IQ table are not right. He switched the rpm and NM (also wrong factors). I dont belive that for 900Nm you just need 65 mg/stroke fuel ......
    - Neither Boost Request, Smoke Map or Nm to IQ map are extended for the new requesting IQ. No Extrapolation and just editing the last collum. This dosent matter? i have learned diffrent.
    - There are some values that has been changed wich i have never seen. (also not decleared in the mappack) does someone know why do he changed that? (Screenshots attached)

Does someone has the time to analyse this "tuned" file too? it just dosent seems oke that he is getting so much respect for such a garbage file (my opinion, but maybe i am wrong).

Some Keypoints here:
    Original:
    - Requesting Nm ori: 460Nm
    - Limiting NM ori to: 352Nm (NmtoIQ= approx 58.0 mg/stroke)
    - Boost requested ori: 2550 mbar
    - Boost limited ori: 2450 mbar
    - Last limiter: smoke map limiting ori : 68 mg/stroke wich is approx 405Nm.

Tuned:
    - Requesting Nm: 484Nm
    - Limiting NM to 415Nm (IQtoNM= approx 70.5 mg/stroke)
    - Boost is requeested: 2650 mbar
    - Boost limited to: 2550 mbar
    - Last Limiting: Smoke map limiting IQ aprox to 72mg/stroke

PS: sry for my english...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files