Register

Thread: srs module help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default srs module help

I am attempting to hook up to my 95640 eeprom chip on my srs module (77960-sva-a240-m1). Im not sure if CH341A programmer will work?

https://www.amazon.ca/Programmer-Fla.../dp/B08GCW7WNC

Ive downloaded the software prior to purchasing, it allows me to go through a few drop down menus to find the correct eeprom chip. I dont understand what any of it means.

if I hit IC, it gives me a drop down menu, then I select SPI, finally ST. I then have a few options which look similar to 95640.

M95640

M95640R

M95640W

Im assuming the M95640 is what Im looking for, not a clue. Was hoping someone could help shine some light, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hello Bro
    The CH341A programmer is a versatile tool that is likely to work with your M95640 EEPROM chip, which is part of your vehicle's SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) module. This programmer supports a wide range of EEPROM chips, including the 95640 series.
    When using the software that comes with the CH341A programmer, you'll encounter several options.
    The "IC" option refers to the type of integrated circuit you're working with, which in this case is an EEPROM chip.
    "SPI" stands for Serial Peripheral Interface, the communication protocol used by the M95640 EEPROM chip to interact with the programmer.
    "ST" indicates the manufacturer of the EEPROM chip, which is STMicroelectronics.
    Finally, you'll see variations of the M95640 chip, such as M95640, M95640R, and M95640W. While they share the same core functionality, these variations might differ in aspects like read/write protection, operating temperature range, or packaging.
    For most purposes, the basic "M95640" option should suffice.
    Selecting this option should prompt the software to set the appropriate parameters for reading, writing, and erasing the EEPROM chip automatically
    Thanks in advance

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts

it wont read your chip, buy a different programmer