Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default VW Golf Mk4 1.9 TDI with Mods, need help on improving the tune

Hey!
    I am not an expert on modding but I bought a modified VW Golf mk4 1.9 TDI ARL with a tune from the shop.
    The car made a tremendous amount of smoke so I started to get into it and doing some changes based on the original map.

First let me introduce the mechanical car mods:
    • BMW Turbo GT2256 hybrid to GT2260
    • Improved CAM 272º
    • "Valve lifters" INA Black
    • Downpipe 66''mm with original muffler
    • Injector upgraded to Firad120%
    • Bigger intercooler (all hoses replaced)
    • Original air intake (but box is fully open from the bottom)
    • Stronger Clutch (Sachs racing, if I am not mistaken)

So far I managed to decrease the smoke which is nice but I feel like some things might not be so well tuned....
    Here are some findings:
    • The turbo only starts to kick in after 2000rpms (I believe that's normal for such a big turbo, but maybe there are ways to improve it)
    • While driving at roughly 2500 rpms if I press the accelerator pedal (to overtake) the car goes instanly into Limp mode (Safe mode), I've been trying to change the N75 map but didn't seem to find the correct values...
    • I have a Boost Gauge pressure inside the car (connected to the tube where the EGR was) and at 3300ich RPM (at full throttle) it goes into 3.0 Bar, however based on my calculations this should not happen right?

I am including in the post my map and the log file from the last run (group 11)
    PS: I used EDC Suite software, and changed all the maps under "code block 2"

Appreciate a lot if you can check my map and provide some inputs/upgrades
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by miguelcostaPT; 25th April, 2024 at 11:29 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    702 Posts

change diagnostic limits, calibrate a map sensor, but forget vag edcsuite use winols. Make logs or go to pay someone local tuner for job if u cant
    NEED PASSWORD ? PRESS THANKS AND ADD REPUTATION

No files for users who not give feedback or new registred users for free file service like as :
    Okinux,duzaven,1mmortal

3. The Following User Says Thank You to qni666 For This Useful Post:

miguelcostaPT (26th April, 2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qni666 View Post
    change diagnostic limits, calibrate a map sensor, but forget vag edcsuite use winols. Make logs or go to pay someone local tuner for job if u cant
    Hey thanks for the feedback.
    Do you know how to change the diagnostic limits in VCDS? I checked but couldn't find a place to adapt it.
    "calibrate a map sensor" Do you mean adapt a bit the IQ by MAP table?

I tried already to provide a log, but my doubt is "how can I improve based on the logged data?"
    Paying someone to do it can be tricky because not everyone knows what they are doing and they just want money, had already bad experiences in the past when the maps were not even linear they just make all the time max IQ, the car smokes alot and it is not even drivable on a day-to-day basis.

At least I checked multiple posts in this forum that people have modified cars and they used the same software, is it perfect? Not really but gets the job done since all the "main" maps are there:
    - Driver wish, SOI maps, Start of Injection, Boost target map, boost maps, etc etc.

That's why I came here hopefully to learn myself and do it myself.
    Just only like to improve a bit in a sense that I have a drivable car, but always going into limp mode when I am driving in the Highway is no fun :/
    Last edited by miguelcostaPT; 26th April, 2024 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Look at this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nuno_205; 29th April, 2024 at 10:24 PM.