Microphone not detected - advice needed
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Microphone not detected - advice needed

I have soft modded my Wii (using Dell_XPS tut) and cannot get my Wii to detect a wireless USB microphone (from Argos shop) on any Sing It games or even Lego Rock Band. I am running 4.2E and using Uloader v5. I have tried configuring the games to run 223 or 224 but still no joy. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by dell_studio View Post
    I have soft modded my Wii (using Dell_XPS tut) and cannot get my Wii to detect a wireless USB microphone (from Argos shop) on any Sing It games or even Lego Rock Band. I am running 4.2E and using Uloader v5. I have tried configuring the games to run 223 or 224 but still no joy. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    first off check your mic on a pc and make sure its working,make sure you installed cios 222/223 amd try swapping ports on the back,are you running the game from disc or hdd?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for your reply. I am running the games from usb hdd. I tried plugging the mic into my PC but don't get any visual response or new entry in the hardware list. So I guess the mic is dodgy. I am a newbie to all this so apolgies for the dumb questions. How do I know I have cios 222/223 installed? Also how do I swap the ports?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for your reply. I am running the games from usb hdd. I tried plugging the mic into my PC but don't get any visual response or new entry in the hardware list. So I guess the mic is dodgy. I am a newbie to all this so apolgies for the dumb questions. How do I know I have cios 222/223 installed? Also how do I swap the ports?
    by swapping ports i just mean putting mic in other usb port,which tut did you follow the old one or the mmm option?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I followed the old tut. I took the wireless mic back to Argos today and swapped it for a wired Logictech one and this now works perfectly. I tried changing the ports before but my hdd won't work unless its plugged into the right hand port. Btw - do you have a tut for using the mmm option? I think this would be easier to use and less nerve wracking in future.Thanks for your help and time on this. Its really appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I followed the old tut. I took the wireless mic back to Argos today and swapped it for a wired Logictech one and this now works perfectly. I tried changing the ports before but my hdd won't work unless its plugged into the right hand port. Btw - do you have a tut for using the mmm option? I think this would be easier to use and less nerve wracking in future.Thanks for your help and time on this. Its really appreciated
    HOWTO: Setup a System Menu 4.2 Wii for playing backups of commercial games with uLoader Ade's Softmodding Wii blog to use the mmm option you must first have the homebrew channel installed,everything you need to know is on adewii's blog