Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default NEED TO STOP INTERNET CONNECTION HELP PLEASE

Hi

My boy has bought himself an iphone 3g on PAYG orange

Problem is it kkeps connecting to the internet and using his credit.

I've told him he must be accidentally pressing something thats requiring internet connection i.e facebook, itunes etc etc.

Is there a way of turning the orange internet connection off in the settings but still leaving the wifi connection to connect via our pc.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi,i also have a iphone on orange but mines on pay monthly..the best thing to do would be to ring orange and ask them for a iphone add-on or bundle not sure what its called on PAYG but my friend did it and it costs around ?5 per month and gives you unlimited internet usage as the iphone is a smartphone and is designed to be always connected...if this is not a option then the only other thing i could say is make sure he logs off facebook wen not using as it runs in the background like many apps such as live messenger...etc and also goto settings and turn notifactions off other than this i aint sure how you would remove the orange settings.......hope this helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Settings----general------network------cellular data network------then everything in the APN sections delete.
    HTH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

when i tried this after network was
    enable 3g
    data roaming
    set up internet tethering
    vnp
    wi-fi

Which one do i go into?

Regards

M9G

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Found out that those steps you suggested only works on firmware 2 but cellular network data isnt an option on firmware 3 but this following link works on firmware 3.x.x .....

5 Steps To Disable iPhone 3Gs OS 3.0 GPRS or Edge Connection | K-Director.com

Not happy as my boys iphone used up ?20 credit in a week and he didnt know about it. Hopefully this has sorted it now

M9G

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

download from app store the fake apn and install it, that resolve any problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi.. Download Cydia BossPrefs and open then only CLOSED "DATA" then section and finish your internet.. if you need open then DATA section is open.. That's it.

Byes..