Register
    Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default EDC17C84 EEPROM Corrupt Renault Captur 1.5 No Cranck/Communication 10SW016520

Suddenly this Renault Captur 1.5 dCi died. The client said that while driving the automatic gear shifted automatically down and engine stopped.

Long story short, after scanning the vehicle and checking everything I am pretty confident that the ECU (EDC17C84) has EEPROM corruption. I tried with other full dumps of other vehicles like a Trafic 1.6 and the ECU work perfectly and there is communication. I doubt that it is the FLASH because i verified it against other dumps and it seems ok. Attached you find the full dump and information about this EDC17C84.

Every help would be appreciated thanks everyone.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

After a week of headaches and many trials I was able to come up with a solution which at least worked for me and decided to write a guide which hopefully will help the next one who will come across this problem. Special thanks to Pelicanautos who was able to virginise my dump even if it wasn't the right strategy to tackle this issue. Full guide attached below.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ELETTRA64 For This Useful Post:

kalak081 (17th November, 2023), Outblaze (8th April, 2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, password please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi password please bro