Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default im looking at buying a motorised dish and receiver

hi all any good advice would be appreciated, as i am new to this satellite lark. 1) what size dish 2) what receiver . i have seen a package which consists of Fortec star hi gain dish, fortec star 0.2 hd lnb, and Fortec star fs4000 v2 digital receiver many thanks marko

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

hi m8, it all depends on what channels you are after. the system you mention will only be good for fta channels, give us as much information as possible then we can give you some advice on which equipment you need to get. eg what channels you want,fixed or motorised dish, do you have broadband and a router, regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi thanks im looking to view premership games films etc with a motorised dish,i guess any help appreciated thanks marko
    sorry and we have virgin media broadband and router
    Last edited by markogy; 30th April, 2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: didnt put all message on first one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

hi m8, get yourself a 90cm/100cm dish, usals motor/lnb/wall mount and for a receiver it depends on what you want. if you want basically plug and play then take a look at the spiderbox/protek which both do sd and hd versions although there is a 12 month time limit on the "gift" connection with the spiderbox. if you want to have a play and set a c/s system up yourself then have a look at the dm600/800 or tm600/800 sd and hd versions. you can get yourself a motorised dish pack for between ?120 and ?200 depending on quality and then receivers are between ?100 and ?400.
    do alot of reading on the net concerning c/s and the equipment needed but we cant talk about it on dk as its a bit dodgy. take your time and look at the pro,s and con,s of each system and its cost then make your choice and if you need any help "when" you get stuck just ask on here and someone will help you. regards mdt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cheers thanks for that ive seen a mtr solid dish with mount +pole and technomate tm5400 receiver for bout 100+ is this any good for me thanks marko

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I wouldn't bother with that Technomate. You will only get some stuff on Thor with a patch, but i don't know how long thats going to be patchable for. Best get yourself a Dreambox if it's footy your after.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it sure is thanks ive seen a new dreambox 500 on neebay for bout ?70 . to make this work what else is there to do cheers marko

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

that will be a dm500 clone m8, if you choose to go the linux route id go with a tm500 much better quality and a almost identical os but thats just my opinion. be prepared for a great deal of reading and learning as a dm500/tm500 will only get you the same as the tm5400 unless you get yourself a c-line, either pay or free. regards mdt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cheers for all this advice, i really dont know which way to go with reciever .havnt got a clue...

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Best to stick with a linux box IMO you wont regret it.

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

You will regret it If you dont spend ALOT OF TIME reading And performing your learnings

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks to everyone, looks like i will have to wait a while then? Before i get a set up,as i not clued up enough on the dreambox,tho i think this is the one i will go for thanks all

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you are exepert in LINUX go in linux STB... but you have to think to whatch many channels ,you have to spend for C/s or cards...

if you do not need much headeck Buy Spiderbox 5000 sd or HD 7000 or HD 9000 both are very good and planty channels to work if you have internet at home...For more info wich channels you do some reserch here.

Have good lack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i can flash a starview box on nthell,so i think i should be able to flash a dreambox with a little help on you tube wll i hope so im bidding on a dreambos 500s not clone

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Markogy linux boxes are simple mate. Yes they take a little more work than the plug and play variants but its hardly rocket science.

There are plenty of tutorials on this site and you will get help if you get stuck. Just ask.

Dont pay ?70 for a clone dreambox you can get them for circa ?50. Also have a think about the technomate linux boxes which are good. Have a look at the sponsors shops.

As mdt and bobi says there are also other options like the protex or spiderbox. Dont have the latter although it looks very good to me but have the former and it certainly offers excellent value for money with what is open. You can watch football 24/7.

There are also a few fta channels showing football. Check lj liveonsat for details.

Good luck mate and let us know how you get on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast