Need help with Tacho Universal - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

the launch is not clone just modified, tacho is clone. Inside the dvd both germany and english pdf manual.by the way ford vcm ids how much you get please?
    hope can be your friend and share some with you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esldomino00 View Post
    the tacho pro you bought from CN must be cloned one, but there is also have good quality one. tomorrow I will ask about my friend for this problem. if have the particular manuals, I will offer for you. Bless you.

Would be gratefull to upload to rapidshare or on DK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Here?s a short description of the 2006 version. You can download a complete manual with detailed instructon for every brand and model at ecu-tools:
    China ECU Tools Centre=
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Yesterday we stood in front of the abyss. Today we'll move ahead.

If you need any repair manual, pm me- maybe I can help you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

After checking out very many forum posts i think i understand how to use it. I also managed to reverse the mileage for a Mitsubishi Pajero IO. It was quite simple. However i need someone to tell me where i am correct and and where i need to learn more. So here is what i have learnt.
    1. there r basically 2 types of eeprom chips. 93c46,93c56. However i have read about sum mre lyk 93c66,86 etc. Can the tacho universal read them aswell?
    2. I found another method whereby u can change the mileage from the hex editor and found that it can be done with tools such as tachosoft mileage calculator. Is that correct?
    3. I mostly come across asian cars and there are some models in our town which r not displayed in the tacho unit. e.g. cars like toyota noah,voxy,voltz etc.Is it possible to change the mileage of these cars by tacho universal if their eeproms are the same regardless of the car model.
    4. by the method of changing values in data sheet, can the tacho universal also be used in other eeproms in the cars besides the odometer?
    Thanx. i wud appreciate alot if sum1 reads this long post.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Basically you've bought this clone with no previous programming experience?
    The difference between a clone and ori is the support, no-one is going to hold your hand and talk you through everything but my advice is stick at it, its a steep learning curve but eventually you'll not even the tacho uni. I did the same years ago but after a few jobs and alot reading I can now do most clocks with a ?30 willem programmer, also youve also got here for help myself included!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanx 4 ur advice, its true i dont have previous programming experience. I also posted this after a lot of research on many forum posts and the questions i hav asked have not been asked before by any member. I am willing to invest my time in learning this stuff as its really interesting. I didnt know anything when i posted my first post but atleast i know sum things now. So i wud really appreciate if some1 corrects me on my points. Hopefully i'll help sum1 else in the future wen i have i have the knowledge. Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    After checking out very many forum posts i think i understand how to use it. I also managed to reverse the mileage for a Mitsubishi Pajero IO. It was quite simple. However i need someone to tell me where i am correct and and where i need to learn more. So here is what i have learnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    1. there r basically 2 types of eeprom chips. 93c46,93c56. However i have read about sum mre lyk 93c66,86 etc. Can the tacho universal read them aswell?
    2. I found another method whereby u can change the mileage from the hex editor and found that it can be done with tools such as tachosoft mileage calculator. Is that correct?
    3. I mostly come across asian cars and there are some models in our town which r not displayed in the tacho unit. e.g. cars like toyota noah,voxy,voltz etc.Is it possible to change the mileage of these cars by tacho universal if their eeproms are the same regardless of the car model.
    4. by the method of changing values in data sheet, can the tacho universal also be used in other eeproms in the cars besides the odometer?
    Thanx. i wud appreciate alot if sum1 reads this long post.

Like Del stated no one is going to walk you through it but ALOT of people on here will help you as i have found out numerous times. I?m totally new at this and learning the hard way it seems

This is what i can tell you so far with my limited knowledge

1. There are lots of different eeproms and MCU?s used, Tacho universal comes with 3 main eeprom boards 24C0X, 93CX6 and 35/95XXX plus numerous adapters and what not.

2. Best way to do it imo! Read dump from eeprom, SAVE, make a copy and edit the copy then put back on chip

3. I only try to follow the tacho manual PDF?s so don?t know

4. If its listed as an eeprom is can read them I cannot see why not if your only using it to read the dump but then a cheap programmer would probably be more useful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12