Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes I have done it but I started again so I want to partition usb first then go for rest , before I had sif-image on but now I installed NLB and I changed login infor. "root-relook"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I put nlb image but I can not do kcc job with nlb image as I said it gives me error on "telnet login error" (root-relook) , but with sif image kcc gives no error !!!! what is the problem please ,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arashkhaan View Post
    I put nlb image but I can not do kcc job with nlb image as I said it gives me error on "telnet login error" (root-relook) , but with sif image kcc gives no error !!!! what is the problem please ,
    I got the same problem in the form of Nlb

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

well i suggest go and install latest Sifteam image then try E2, but i am using last NLB (NOT LATEST ONE ) and its fine every time for me.

i do stress that a few USB sticks are incompatible with the ipboxes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for help, as I said nlb the latest version have problem with kcc ! I don't know maybe some other version of nlb are ok , which version are you using maybe that is our problem ! thanks in advance !

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Default How to install Enigma2_PKT and 0.2.0.

Installing E2 to USB stick on IPbox9000HD the way i do it.

There seems to be quite a few people struggling to Flash the E2 image from a USB stick, so here i am trying to simplify it for those people.

I am using NLB image 8728 ( only because i got a full working backup )
    8728 version here
    Code:
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f95/ipbox-nlb-images-11696/#post119238
    Use latest one if you want here
    Code:
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f95/ipbox-nlb-images-11696/index2.html#post130844
    or you can use one of the Cli images , or Sifteam ones, depends on what you want to try at the time.

1. you must have a USB stick and needs to be formatted in Linux mode, ext2 or ext3 . I use Paragon Partition Manager and a 4gb USB stick ( Kingston one ) also a ( Sandisk 1gb one ).

you can get Paragon Partition Manager here.
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/165377615/Paragon_Partition_Manager_9.0_Professional__Retail_.rar

in Partition Manager create 2 partitions ( i just half the stick ), then click on format, and choose ext2 or ext3, your PC will need to reboot and will format the USB stick on startup.

Many people try more than 1 stick because not all USB sticks are compatible.

Now put the USB stick into usb port at the back of the IPbox

================================================== ===========================================

2. now we need to install u boot 1.3.3 , download from here
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/165278506/IP9000HD_usb_uboot_1.3.3.zip
    also we need to download PC editor here :
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/201083923/PCEditor_1.2.49.rar
    we need a USB cable ( the printer type ) the square shaped end goes in host at the back of the IPbox. and plug the usb connector into PC.
    Switch on the IPbox and and keep the front power switch pressed in until you see USB UPGRADE on front LCD.

Open PC editor and get it to flash the Uboot 1.3.3 onto the IP box.

Now you can switch off the IPbox again.

3. Now we need a serial cable or a seriel to USB cable if you dont have a seriel port on your PC,
    also a programme called putty, download it from here :
    Code:
    http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty-0.60-installer.exe
    and a programme called PSPad , download from here
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/164638429/pspad453inst_en.rar
    now this is the tricky part because the timing has to be correct.

open the programme putty and choose the connection to use, this time choose seriel connection, and COM 1 ( or whatever your COM port is ) also the baud rate has to be set to 115200.

click OK at the same time as you switch on the IPbox at the back, be quick and hit the CTRL and the Z keys on keyboard at the same time.

you need to see this command in putty : cuberevo> ( this is the curser to start from )

If you dont see this and loads of text is appearing before your eyes, switch off the IPbox and stop putty and Start this process again until you get it right.

Now we open PSPad and copy and paste these 5 lines into that.
    Then we copy and paste from PSPad into putty at the cuberevo> command
    after each one press enter to get back to the cuberevo> curser.

================================================== =======================================

Code:
    setenv menu_1 'setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.5;setenv serverip 192.168.1.6;setenv gateway 192.168.1.1;setenv netmask 255.255.255.0;setenv bootargs "console=ttyAS1,115200 panic=3 bigphysarea=10240 root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=/root/Desktop/root rw rootpath=/root/Desktop/root ip=$ipaddr:$serverip:$gateway:$netmask mem=128m coprocessor_mem=4m@0x10000000,4m@0x10400000 init=/bin/devinit";setenv bootcmd "nfs a5ff0000 192.168.1.6:/root/Desktop/root/boot/uImage;bootm a5ff0000";saveenv;boot'
    Code:
    setenv menu_2 'setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.5;setenv serverip 192.168.1.6;setenv gateway 192.168.1.1;setenv netmask 255.255.255.0;setenv bootusb "run bootargsusb;usb reset;ext2load usb 0:1 a5ff0000 boot/uImage;bootm a5ff0000";setenv bootargsusb "setenv bootargs console=ttyAS1,115200 panic=3 bigphysarea=10240 root=/dev/sda1 rw rootdelay=10 init=/bin/devinit ip=$ipaddr:$serverip:$gateway:$netmask mem=128m coprocessor_mem=4m@0x10000000,4m@0x10400000";seten v bootcmd "run bootusb";saveenv;boot'
    Code:
    setenv menu_3 'setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.5;setenv serverip 192.168.1.6;setenv gateway 192.168.1.1;setenv netmask 255.255.255.0;setenv bootusb "run bootargsusb;usb reset;ext2load usb 0:1 a5ff0000 boot/uImage;bootm a5ff0000";setenv bootargsusb "setenv bootargs console=ttyAS1,115200 panic=3 bigphysarea=10240 root=/dev/sdb1 rw rootdelay=10 init=/bin/devinit ip=$ipaddr:$serverip:$gateway:$netmask mem=128m coprocessor_mem=4m@0x10000000,4m@0x10400000";seten v bootcmd "run bootusb";saveenv;boot'
    Code:
    setenv menu_4 'setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.5;setenv serverip 192.168.1.6;setenv gateway 192.168.1.1;setenv netmask 255.255.255.0;setenv bootargs "console=ttyAS1,115200 panic=3 root=/dev/mtdblock3 bigphysarea=1500 ip=$ipaddr:$serverip:$gateway:$netmask quiet";setenv bootcmd "bootm a0060000";saveenv;boot'
    Code:
    saveenv
    ================================================== ================================================== ==============================

After the last line " saveenv " you will see a message saying saving to flash or something like that.

There are many other ways of entering these lines into flask, some people only put in the lines they require but i am teling the way it works for me as ive tried other ways with no success.

================================================== ================================================== ===============================

4. Now we need a programme called Katherine Control Centre ( KCC ) : download from here
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/201091318/Kathrein_Control_Centre_1b.rar
    or the latest version from here
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/201094132/KCC3_0.rar
    i use the first one 1b version because it does what i want.

Now open KCC and set your IP address and username / password for your IP box and click on test,
    it should come back with all OK, once you got the all OK, swith on IPbox so its running your Normal image.
    Now press on the icon that says " Experts " KCC should open a small box and is now setting up your USB stick ( this takes about 15 mins to 20 mins )

when it gets to 100% you will get a new box appear and gives the details of your USB stick and how its formated.

================================================== ================================================== ==============================

5. Now we need a programme called FlashFXP : download from here
    Code:
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/flashfxp-v3-0-2-84/
    Now we FTP to mnt/usb

you should now see 2 folders usb0 and usb1, also inside each of those 2 folders should be another folder that says " Lost and found "
    if you dont see these folders then your stick is not set up properly and you need to do the KCC part again.

Once you got those folders download one of these 2 E2 images :
    E2 0.2.0 beta from Tideglo
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/200754705/enigma2.tar.gz.gz
    or the one i use, the PKT Modded version
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/200754707/Enigma2_PKT.tar.gz
    i go for the PKT version as you can download all your addons, emu`s e.t.c from remote control, in Panel.

you need to ftp the image into mnt/usb/usb0

close Flash FXP

================================================== ================================================== ================================

6. Now we need to unpack the image onto USB stick.

open putty and choose telnet, and put in your IP address of IPbox.

now we need to put in these 2 commands

cd /mnt/usb/usb0

press return then this

tar xzf enigma2_PKT.tar.gz

or this

tar xzf enigma2.tar.gz for the other version, personally i go for PKT version.

press reurn , now putty seems to be doing nothing , but be patient as it is, this part takes about 30 mins to do sometimes.

you will know when it is done because you will see this. -sh-3.00#

================================================== ================================================== ================================

7. now ftp to your IPbox again and look in the mnt/usb/usb0 folder , you should have all the folders there to be able to boot from E2

================================================== ================================================== =================================

8. Time to boot box from USB stick, time to keep your fingers crossed.

switch off the box at the back then back on and keep your finger on the relevent number on remote control for about 6 or 7 seconds and let go.

Press Button 1: start your image using nfs-server
    Press Button 2: start your image using usb pendrive if you don't have a SATA hdd
    Press Button 3: start your image using usb pendrive if you have a SATA hdd
    Press Button 4: start your original flash image in the decoder (DGStation's original firmwares and images based on them)

the blue power button will start to flash while the box says booting, after about 10 mins light will stop and the word loading will now appear.

this is when you know its working fine.

If the box stops flashing and still says booting, something has gone wrong,
    re start the box and try a different number,
    its normally 2 or 3 you need to use, as 4 is to boot from normal image from flash.

If it still does this then maybe download a different E2 image, or in most cases the USB stick is not compatible.

================================================== ================================================== ======================================

If you want to start again , just FTP to the box and delete all the files inside the mnt/usb/usb0 apart from the Lost and found folder,
    and re ftp the E2 tar.gz image , and try from there.

================================================== ================================================== =======================================

If you want to change the boot up screen to a different picture download a few from here

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/201102251/Bootscreens_for_IPbox.rar
    and ftp to the /boot folder the 2 files called "bootlogo.mvi" and "poweroff.mvi" and CHMOD them to 755.

================================================== ================================================== =======================================

There is a small problem when re booting so you need to apply a fix : download here
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/201103692/rc5_fix.zip
    Remember that files in /etc/init.d/ should have chmod 755

For Sifteam e2 with PKT panel use file rcS !

For clean Sifteam E2 use file rcS2 (but reneme it to rcS and overwrite to /etc/init.d/ )

After overwrite full reboot your E2. Now after Restart GUI everything works great Everything is tested

Btw. Today will be released new MOD of PKT panel based on latest Sifteam E2 beta 0.2.0 . Cheers

================================================== ================================================== =========================================
    :
    Also if you want to add all the sats and channels without a scan you need to follow this tut here
    Code:
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f95/tutorial-adding-sat-xml-services-enigma2-ipbox9000-29363/

================================================== ================================================== =========================================

It is not as easy as some peeps might think to do all this, thats why i wrote it the way i do it and if you follow it carefully anyone should be able to do it...

Many Thanks to Satman, Sotiris, Vasilis, Tideglo, Dexter, zbigzbig20 ,Si , because it it wasnt for people like them , we wouldnt be where we are today with the Ipbox.
    Last edited by aftermath; 23rd February, 2009 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and same instructions for 900/mini?

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rolks View Post
    and same instructions for 900/mini?
    Yes mate its the same instructions as in the sticky for installing E2.

only difference is, the image for 900, 910, and 9000 are all different.

you can get the 900 and 910 image from here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...15/#post152382
    Last edited by aftermath; 25th February, 2009 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is server ip is pc ip in terminal settings? thanks

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

no you need to edit these lines before you put them into your boot settings in putty

server ip is your box
    pc is pc ip address

also you will need your router ip address.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great post, although I haven't tried it yet. Might give it a go tomorrow.

I can't help thinking this seems like a lot of work to update though!!

I did a lot of iPhone hacking in the early days and there are some similarities in setting the boot arguments.
    Why we can't just create a USB stick with the relevant software on and boot from that to do an upgrade seems a little bit daft.
    Similar to the USBCreator app that someone wrote to hack the AppleTV.

From what I have read, none of the images work particularly well , some don't support dual tuner, some dont work too well with the CS tools etc, so it strikes me that if I was wanting to try and find a stable image that did most of what I wanted, I'm going to have to go through quite a few of these complex / long winded procedure :-(
    Last edited by healeydave; 4th March, 2009 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok, I have started the process to test this tutorial out.

I am half way through downloading the necesary tools but one comment already would be I'd suggest not using rapidshare.com, they suck.

Paragon took forever, only got 30kbps, was definately rapidshares end but worse than that, because of the amount of files, I can't get everything right away cos of exceding download limit :-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Update:

Its not gone quite as smoothly as I'd hoped to be honest.

I have concerns about the enviroment lines. Why are we entering in lines with IP addresses etc that might not be relevent to our networks?

The partitioning of the USB needs more explanation, there a few options required in Paragon partitioning that are not explained here.

I would also like to know why the usb should be partitioned up into two partitions when the instructions only copy files to one of them, is this necesary?

KCC is successfully processing the "Experts" screen but I am not getting the same results as shown in the Tutorial. Thats a show stopper at the moment.

What was the point in the first 9 lines of this tutorial (before step 1.) No-where in the rest of the tutorial does is mention anything to do with these files!?!?!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi again aftermath I get this messege " Bootmanager: not found " when Iget connected with dcc , why is that ? thanks in advance ,
    Last edited by arashkhaan; 7th March, 2009 at 11:58 AM.

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Default A much easier way to format and install E2 to USB stick

1. Boot your DGS image, wait to full boot.
    2. Insert your USB stick
    3. Telnet to your box, execute mount
    4. In the list check - if the /dev/sdb1 is mounted (if is FAT probably is mounted to /mnt/usb/usb0)
    5. umount it - umount /mnt/usb/usb0
    6. now execute fdisk /dev/sdb (not sdb1)
    7. on the prompt press p - to see current partition table
    8. press d - to delete partitions, if it is only one proceed, if not - press d again and delete all partitons
    9. press p again - there will be no partitons now
    10. Press n - to create new partition
    11. select p - primary
    12. select 1
    13. press enter, enter
    14. press w to write changes & exit
    15. You have just created linux partition on your usb stick
    16. Now format this partition - mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdb1
    17. mount formatted partition again - mount -t ext3 /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb/usb0
    18. Now ftp e2 tar.gz to /mnt/usb/usb0
    19. execute cd /mnt/usb/usb0
    20. execute tar -zxvf e2image.tar.gz, wait few minutes to decompress all. (wait for prompt)
    21. after decompress type, sync

to unmount just

cd /
    umount /dev/sdb1

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast