LPT--------------> Dreambox/Clone

2 --> 100 ohms --> 11 ( Halt)

3 --> 100 ohms --> 9 ( Tms )

4 --> 100 ohms --> 7 ( Tck )

5 --> 100 ohms --> 3 ( Tdi )

11 --> 100 ohms --> 1 ( Tdo )

25 ------------------ 16 ( Ground)

Picture 2 referance.........

Th pins 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 e 25 of the port LPT must be shunted between themselves, like commercial jtags has.

Now, The cience of the thing is doing the connect and turn on the box at the same time.

With the tests done I've understood better how it works great:

The secret is in 1? do connect to the program and then turn on the clone, but with a certain delay. This delay depends on the speed of your CPU, the faster CPU's, minor the time/delay (between 0 e 1 seconds).

Change the priority of the program jtag_windows.exe on the task manager for the real time which must turn more real the delay itself, once the program will give maximum priority of the use of the CPU.

About the timming, if it shows you only "ERROR:register test failded" then the jtag is ok, but you have turned on the box sooner then expected, if it shows you the 4 times "ERROR: communication with LPT/JTAG", then you must turn on the box sooner, or the jtag isn't ok.

Remmember that you must connect the box always after making connect on the program.

After you must warp/straight the pins on the adaptor switch of the box, so it fits faster on the electric switch.

By end, you must use an electric switch easy to fit, I have used one triple (from the bad ones), but I had to dismount it and press their electric pins to don't make bad contact.

When doing "write" the program sends immediately the boot, that is the file "blimg".

The file present in this attachment is the boot of a DM500 and tunner ALPS of CRC-32 9055B110, once again thanks Matrix10, because I've tested a boot that were supposed to be for the DM500 and ALPS and it didn't worked, and this one in the attachment is guaranteed it works.

after sending the boot of 128KB by Jtag, you can turn on the box with dreamup and by rs232 send an image
    Useless forum no download without post . Why? Why I must post stupid useless posting in order only to download some needed programs? Why i loosr time to register?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hy i have a dreambox 600 and no boot. the dreambox 500 jtag cable is good to this box ? thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default dm7000s

Hello!!
    i try it to repair my dm 7000s but i don't find bootloader and window jtag
    can you help me please!!
    thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alunfennell View Post
    The connections are:

Picture 1 referance....

LPT--------------> Dreambox/Clone

2 --> 100 ohms --> 11 ( Halt)

3 --> 100 ohms --> 9 ( Tms )

4 --> 100 ohms --> 7 ( Tck )

5 --> 100 ohms --> 3 ( Tdi )

11 --> 100 ohms --> 1 ( Tdo )

25 ------------------ 16 ( Ground)

Picture 2 referance.........

Th pins 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 e 25 of the port LPT must be shunted between themselves, like commercial jtags has.

Now, The cience of the thing is doing the connect and turn on the box at the same time.

With the tests done I've understood better how it works great:

The secret is in 1? do connect to the program and then turn on the clone, but with a certain delay. This delay depends on the speed of your CPU, the faster CPU's, minor the time/delay (between 0 e 1 seconds).

Change the priority of the program jtag_windows.exe on the task manager for the real time which must turn more real the delay itself, once the program will give maximum priority of the use of the CPU.

About the timming, if it shows you only "ERROR:register test failded" then the jtag is ok, but you have turned on the box sooner then expected, if it shows you the 4 times "ERROR: communication with LPT/JTAG", then you must turn on the box sooner, or the jtag isn't ok.

Remmember that you must connect the box always after making connect on the program.

After you must warp/straight the pins on the adaptor switch of the box, so it fits faster on the electric switch.

By end, you must use an electric switch easy to fit, I have used one triple (from the bad ones), but I had to dismount it and press their electric pins to don't make bad contact.

When doing "write" the program sends immediately the boot, that is the file "blimg".

The file present in this attachment is the boot of a DM500 and tunner ALPS of CRC-32 9055B110, once again thanks Matrix10, because I've tested a boot that were supposed to be for the DM500 and ALPS and it didn't worked, and this one in the attachment is guaranteed it works.

after sending the boot of 128KB by Jtag, you can turn on the box with dreamup and by rs232 send an image
    Hello,
    Thanks

I had problem with my dream Box 500S and first I tried to repair with RS232 Null modem ( 2-3-2) cable and dreamup will hang with " uploading complete waiting for acknowledgement " then nothing happens.
    so after much discussion came to conclusion that i need Jtag this box , I did with all instruction( please see the attachment I did all the steps and it worked till last screen) and before J tag there was red and green light in front , but after J tag only green light .
    It was showing progress ( in % ) and finally it says download complete " now you can install Image.

so I tried again dream up with null modem cable but still it hangs at same position !!
    When I connect box to TV with AV cable TV dosn'r recognise box
    so now what could be the wrong with box ?
    try to connect PC-BOX- modem I can not get all green lines so I am not able to communicate with box !!

I need help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the instructions. I'm just in the process of carefully making the cable to jtag a DM500C...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking it really worked !!

My dreambox was dead too but following your guide brought it back to life!!! Thank you guys !! Excellent work

Although it took me about 86 times to connect !! To everyone who wants to fix it '' PATIENCE '' my friends. Try hard!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

thank you for tech. to repair clone dreambox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My DM 600 has Red and Green light up steady. I'll try to jtag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same troubles here with DM7000, I'll try the suggested tips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a DM7020 with what I believe is damaged first stage loader. I want to jtag Where can I find a bootloader file and can I use the same jtag cable described above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just expirenced experienced timebomb on gemini 4.6, DM500S

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default try jtar

i cant find the image

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default jtag downloading problem

Hy! I've just received a bombed dm500-s. Made a JTAG cable. The simple one with shunt resistors. My problem is the jtag500 command line tool says that the bootloader is CloneWars corrupted and I should get an IPBOX. Flash type is recognised as INTEL unknown. It's a TE28F640J3 type. The process stops at erasing the flash memory.Doesn't ever reach the downloading to flash mem. Other thing is: with jtagwin it doesn't even connect...
    Anyone having the same issue?
    Last edited by christal; 26th March, 2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: just remembered something...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks! I will have a try

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice documentation but did actually somebody tried it and manage to wake up a bombed clone box??What i always read is reports how to do it but no one to say that it succed.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast