0 Posts

Default Scariest game ever

What is the scariest game ever made?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For me it's the original Silent Hill on the Playstation followed closesly by it's sequel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Runescape is the scariest Game I have played 9/10

You know the scariest of runescape? Runescape Classic. It is so scary it is hilarious.
    Last edited by alunfennell; 16th July, 2019 at 02:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

have to agree with raven silent hill for me superb at the time only problem is i havent realy moved on much since

apart from the odd blast on the kids i rarely bother these days i still think the best game i ever played was goldeneye on the nintendo 64 or maybe zelda i must be getting old

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

for me its resident evil on playstation the three of them spec nemisis when he chases you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to agree with thered there as I share the same opinion.....nothing has touched the original Silent Hill game yet in the horror genre for genuine scares and what that game does brilliantly that no other game has done is create a genuine uneasy atmosphere while you play it...it's difficult to explain unless you have played the game and know exactly what I'm talking about......anyway in my opinion these are my best games that I've ever played and as it happens I don't think any game has touched these yet in their genre - Goldeneye, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark, WWF No Mercy.

Really the n64 was an awesome console. And the psx had Silent Hill, Tekken3 and MGS cannot argue with that! No wonder the Dreamcast went under, great console but really it didn't stand a chance.

I really hope Goldeneye (or Perfect Dark) and Ocarina of Time get remade someday like Street Fighter 2 Turbo currently has. They really are staples of their genres.

I also hope Konami makes the next Silent Hill game as Homecoming was made by Americans and needless to say it is dogshit by comparison...it just doesn't have that certain flair to it that the Japanese developers seem to be able to ingrain into their games. Homecoming was alot like the Silent Hill movie for me....you can see that they tried and it wasn't half as bad as it could have been, but still it wasn't anywhere near as good as it perhaps should have been considering the source material.
    Last edited by Raven; 24th December, 2008 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd have to go with Silent Hill as well. Tho Res Evil was a very close 2nd, I think it loses out due to the door factor.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I remember waiting for Resident Evil to come out on the PSX, I absolutely loved that game and I still do.

A year or so later I downloaded an .iso for a game that I had never heard of, it was called 'Silent Hill', I hadn't seen or heard a single review for it but I liked the name so I grabbed it.

OMFG, it's easily the creepiest, most disturbing game I've played, like Raven said nothing has come close to the level of psychological dread you feel when playing this game, for me it took gaming to another level.

Silent Hill 2 was also excellent, but the rest of them were IMO dissapointing.

I've still not played 'Homecoming' as I'm waiting for the PAL XBOX360 release.

I thought Clive Barkers Undying was pants TBH. The trailers always looked good but I thought the gameplay was shit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Silent Hill... for sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

silent hill is probs tops! there was another game for ps2...cant remember what it was called but u were a chinese girl with a twin sis and went round some spooky lil chinese town with a camera obscura (the only way to find the ghosties)! wish i could remember the name! well scary!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You have all rekindled my love of Silent Hill , though I remember Res Evil being stuck in my head untill I finished it.

As for P.c Games Iam gonna go with F.E.A.R ,As most other FPS is WAR , no scary atmosphere

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WARKRIME View Post
    You have all rekindled my love of Silent Hill , though I remember Res Evil being stuck in my head untill I finished it.

As for P.c Games Iam gonna go with F.E.A.R ,As most other FPS is WAR , no scary atmosphere
    I agree with the F.E.A.R. I have never jumped so much in a game. Another one for excellent atmosphere is S.T.A.L.K.E.R (the first).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

D is the scariest i have played on the PlayStation. has giant scissors!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtKFPg0PXto"]YouTube - D Part 1[/ame]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Silent Hill was scary.

Sanitarium freaked me out.

Doom 3. the bit where your wandering down and some womans voice says "they took my baby" then it all goes red and you hear a baby screaming... it was bovril bullet time.

System Shock 2 scared me.

The scariest though? Alien V Predator 2.
    Playing the alien was ok, playing the predator was fun.
    Playing space marine though was pretty bleak, i dont think there was a moments downtime from running around out of ammo with aliens chasing you around

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast